Wanted

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not strictly golf related so didn't want to put it in the wanted/for sale section.

I lost my GSD in Feb this year and I have felt like I have lost a limb or something ever since.
I still miss her but feel that the time is right now for another pup.
Does anyone know any reputable breeders that either have a litter or one due.
Has to be German Sheperd though

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Will ask the people where we got out Rottweiler (RIP) from as they were KC registered breeders and did breed German Shepherds at the time. Their dogs were from good stock, hence why our Rottie was £1000 (in 1994) when others were £300 or so.

Will let you know.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I lost my GSD in Feb this year and I have felt like I have lost a limb or something ever since.

German Shepherd Dog?

I can only say I feel for you with more sincerity than I usually bring to the forum. I had a GSD as a boy and the loss was unbearable (I'm actually crying....)
We have a Border who is close to the end and every day starts with blessing.
I hope you find another, somehow things are never the same after.....

Good Luck.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Never bought another dog after we lost Tara.

Was too upsetting to go through again to be honest as I was 15 when we got her, she was my dog and came with my everywhere within reason, the dog loved me and I loved her.

The hardest thing was when she went to the vets to be put down, she couldnt walk, it took 2 men to carry her and when I said my last goodbye and walked out the door, the poor old girl jumped up to her feet to try and come after me, the look in her eyes that day will never rest easy in me.

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
My aunts dog recently died it was only 4 but it was a fun loving dozy dog, it had ate straps of leather buckles pegs springs the list goes on it had surgery and the next day died of a heart attack.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Felt the same when my first cat died. Gutted. At least with dogs you can see it coming. Cats tend to get run over in their prime. No warning signs. Hits you pretty hard. It is the surprise as much as anything. Had just spent over a grand on vet bills too.

Never thought it would be the same again, and it isn't, they are all different, but the current one (Murph) is gold.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Sounds like your Aunt looked after it well Mono.

Andy

Bang out of order with a b1tchy remark like that.

My dog ate a large flat stone once, approx 3'' round whilst walking along a beach. Are you going to say that I don't look after my dog ? I hope not.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it had jaws like a Sandvik crusher then no, but I'm sure it doesn't.

How can you fail to noitce a dog eating a stone?

I can walk my 2 dogs and ensure they dont eat what they shouldn't.

Andy

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Cretin. How can you see what a dog is doing whilst off its lead, approx 100 metres away on a beach littered with small pebbles ? A dog that likes to dig in sand.

It's not possible to see what dog is doing / eating / sniffing 100 % of the time, unless you keep it on it's lead constantly, and spend 24 hours of your day with the dog.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
My dogs are trained to stay close by and not run off, hence I can keep control of them.

If you cant see what your dog is doing, 2 things, get glasses or keep it on it's lead.

Simple really.

Andy

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Must be boring as f##k living with you.

What's the matter with you ? I've noticed a couple of your posts this evening, all of them whiny, miserable and argumentative. Has your Mrs recently left you or something, or have you been made redundant ???

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
would you be interested in a rescue gsd?

Only a young one. Too much baggage with some.

I have been going on a rescue site for Dogue de bordeaux. Really tempted but would have to be an addition not not instead of.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only ever had 3 dogs. First was a fox terrier. It was born on the same day as me, so my dad brought it home (sentimental old git) at 8 weeks. It lived to 18, followed me everywhere, wouldn't let anyone go near me apart from mates.
Next dog was a crossbred, 16 1/2 legs went, he had his time and although upsetting, it was the right thing to do.
The GSD was 8!. Still acted like a pup around the family. So full of life. We went to bed on the Friday night and she was fine. We were woken early Saturday mornining by her pacing to go out. She collapsed outside and her stomach was bloated.
Called the vet. Within the hour he was with us but said that there was nothing he could do. She had a twisted stomach.
I have never felt as empty as that in all my life. I am ashamed to say that I didn't grieve as much, losing both my parents. How much of a b*****d does that make me.

I wouldn't let the vet take her away.
The hardest thing I have had to do was dig her grave in the garden. She was burried with her favourite toy and collar as she didn't go out without it. She used to extend her neck for it and wouldn't budge until we put it on.

I am choking whilst writing this but it is the first time since she went that I have been able to get it off my chest. Thanks guys!!

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Mate, I've had dogs all my life, I know what it's like when you lose one. I've had to bury two myself. The first time was when I was 16, a Jack Russell called Tess. She was 16, a fantastic family dog that we'd had since I was a baby. About 6 months after she'd passed away, we got a Jack Russell and a Fox Terrier. The fox terrier, Tilly is still with us, but unfortunately Rambo became ill and died when he was only 4 months old. He had gastroenteritis (sp), and went into the vets on a Thursday as it hadn't cleared up after 4 days. The vet told us he'd have to perform an operation on Friday afternoon. The vet rang me at 3pm to say the op was a great success, and that it would be best if Rambo stayed overnight to rest and that I should collect him in the morning. The next day I had a phone call that I can still remember 17 years later. He had passed away in his sleep, probably too weakened by illness to recover from the trauma of the operation. It was harder to bury this little dog than it was to bury a dog that we'd had for almost 17 years.

Now I have a Weimaraner called Gus, the Mrs and I have had him since he was 9 weeks old, he's absolutely awesome. He'll be 6 in a few weeks, we take him away for his birthday !!! A weekend in the Brecon Beacons, I go mountain biking and he runs and runs and runs !!! I couldn't imagine my life without him. Some people just don't 'get' dogs, but once you're attached to dogs, that's it for life ! We're thinking of getting another dog, but a small one as the house couldn't cope with two large dogs. We're considering either a Border or Boston Terrier.

I do hope you find a new friend soon, I'm sure you'll make one dog a very lucky pet indeed !!! New beds, food, toys, treats etc etc.

Take care pal.