Walker Cup

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Found out today that our secretary's lad, Tom Plumb, has been selected for the team.
Great news.

I know how much he has put in to his game over the past few years to get to this position.

Looks like quite a few from the club are planning to go to Hoylake to support him and others.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
couple of guys from ours are going as Sandy Scott one of our good players ;) +5 has also been selected. got to the MP stages of the US and Britisg Am Champs

dronfield

Visit site
Hi
i see Alex Fitzpatrick (Matt's brother) has also been selected.

Incidently, i noticed on HDID that Matt played in the Hallamshire GC Senior Cup last weekend - brilliant that he still plays there with his mates. Assume he was also at Bramall Lane on Sunday cheering on the Blades.

Rich

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi
i see Alex Fitzpatrick (Matt's brother) has also been selected.

Incidently, i noticed on HDID that Matt played in the Hallamshire GC Senior Cup last weekend - brilliant that he still plays there with his mates. Assume he was also at Bramall Lane on Sunday cheering on the Blades.

Rich
Within the county, Alex is reckoned to be better than Matt. He certainly out drives him.

dronfield

Visit site
Within the county, Alex is reckoned to be better than Matt. He certainly out drives him.

I do remember when Alex first came on the scene at Hallamshire there was talk that he could be better - will certainly have to reach some heights now to surpass his brother's achievements!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Don't like how GB & I stuck by the same players again in the foursomes and have overall lost the "series" to USA.

Going to be great viewing and pretty exciting in this afternoon's singles.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looking like the US will retain the Cup - need a number of matches to have a dramatic turnaround

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Followed this online over the weekend.

Very impressed by the results yesterday and at one point GB&I were on track to have an even bigger lead.

Obviously the American's quality held up today when the pressure was on.

However great match today for Sandy Scott of Nairn, taking out the top amatuer Brandon Wu. Possibly a bit to do with Links knowledge, but hopefully one to watch for the future.

D

Deleted member 18588

Followed this online over the weekend.

Very impressed by the results yesterday and at one point GB&I were on track to have an even bigger lead.

Obviously the American's quality held up today when the pressure was on.

However great match today for Sandy Scott of Nairn, taking out the top amatuer Brandon Wu. Possibly a bit to do with Links knowledge, but hopefully one to watch for the future.

For his sake I really hope so but the vast majority of Walker Cup players seem to disappear after turning pro'.

Obviously some have made it but far fewer than you might expect.