Video analysis of Swing - bringing you back down to earth!

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[lmg]https://postimg.org/image/79uwxnooez/]
20170927_152433.jpg

We bought a Go Pro before going off on holiday recently. i use this to record my practice sessions. I bought a cheap fixing kit with various adaptations but the one here is ideal for fixing it to the tee furniture or your bag. A good thing about the go pro is you can switch it on and off from your phone / ipad and then review the footage without moving it form the bag / stand.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
get that this is amazon(dot)com link - but just showing the item- sure you could get it from your amazon

good thing is it will hold the fone in landscape format which is much better ways to shoot than the ways most everyone does in portrait format as then the image is smaller & you got the 2 black vertical edges

https://www.amazon.com/Foneso-Exten...82&sr=8-1&keywords=foneso+selfie+stick+tripod

Got a feeling this is actually the one Rcik Shiels was using on the course to film for shot tracker and if so if the one I got. I did find in a breeze with the phone on it was a bit top heavy and would fall over but if you are using on a sheltered range bay it should be fine (its what I used for the early live lesson videos on youtube so you'll get an idea of how it'll look)

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Did you video it with the intent of assessing it yourself or did it follow on from a lesson ?
i suppose that is the down side to doing it you see your swing, warts and all. The worst thing to do is try and fix everything you see if the pro has only asked you to sort a single item first

on one hand I agree - but the majority of these issue's are dependant on one another. find my practice swing is perfect that actual swing is poor. Still I'm not far away with being of 7 :)

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Firstly, you're off 7 so you can't be doing too much wrong. Secondly I remember Andrew Coltart saying the game is called "Golf" not "Swing"

Very true what Garush says

I like it!! haha brilliant!

whats interesting about golf is getting to the next step - when I was off 21 it was getting to 18 (i'll be happy) when I got to 18 getting to 14 then 12, then 10 then singles and now down to 7 I was category 1 in my sights! 6.7 officially so only need one good round (my best is 1 under gross)

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I enjoy it. Not particularly because I'm looking to hit exact positions in my swing. I just like to see what I'm currently doing and also it allows me to check back in time to see what I was doing when I start to play poorly.

Its funny how much a swing stays the same down the years while playing better and feeling a lot different. I can look at two swings of mine from today and years back and its funny to see the same swing DNA present but very different flights and contact.

yeah it interesting that - to be honest I'm only look for two things during the video - shallowing my swing out and coming down on the right plane. As I've majorly changed this season - which is why I'm down to 7 but some thing always creep back don't they

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like it!! haha brilliant!

whats interesting about golf is getting to the next step - when I was off 21 it was getting to 18 (i'll be happy) when I got to 18 getting to 14 then 12, then 10 then singles and now down to 7 I was category 1 in my sights! 6.7 officially so only need one good round (my best is 1 under gross)

How long did that journey take you mate? I felt this season I was going to drop significantly and didn't happen. I do feel it's there though and have identified my biggest weaknesses so hoping as of next season I will be quite a bit lower.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a lesson yesterday and received a video straight away from my pro outlining the 4 points we worked on. He also talked me through what swing faults would lead to what shot shape so I could self diagnose in a game or at the range

Yeah my pro does that as well - I can also send him swings as well which is good.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks Homer, I’m looking for a decent stand to hold an iPhone that is compact enough to fold down and stick in my golf bag when not in use but stable enough to use both on course and at the range to film basic stuff for myself to analyse (I’m not Rick Shiels so won’t be on the YouTube’s)

All I have is bike phone stand - so it clamps on the handle bars - so I've been putting it on the back of the range wall or on the bag. Amazon only cheap. but you can also get the gangly leg tripod ones they only 5 quid.