Vice golf balls - experience to date

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I took the plunge a while ago & bought 60 Vice Pro balls at £1.79 a ball. They compared very favourably with the Bridgestone B330s I'd been using, good distance, same amount of spin & nice off the putter. Thought I'd give their cheapest offering, the Vice Drive, which sell for £0.79 each if you buy 60, a go. I tried them & can't detect any difference from the Vice Pro. They're a two piece ball with a Surlyn cover and they stay white and wear well. I think the truth is that, for my 90 mph swingspeed, they're as good as anything. At less than the price of lake balls I can have my own Maninblack logo imprinted on them. I'm thinking of posting a notice in the club house offering a reward for the return of any I've lost, there are a few out there on the course already!

I would recommend these balls to anyone with a moderate swingspeed . Once you've registered with Vice you'll receive post free offers, which reduces the cost even further.

www.vicegolf.com

P. 'S. I don't work for Vice golf, I'm just a happy customer.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers for that - I've been thinking of ordering some for a while now, that'll probably convince me

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I found a Vice ball a few years ago.. Used it for a round or so.. Quite impressed with it. Compared favourably with the Pro V1 I had been using before it..

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Interested in these myself too. Any chance you have any Pros left MiB? If so, fancy flogging me a sleeve? \\

60 is tempting, £112ish delivered is a great price and should last a while...just a lot of money for a gamble.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found a Vice Pro this week and used it today and absolutely loved it. Felt great off the putter, spinny around the greens, might have to invest in a dozen!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Interested in these myself too. Any chance you have any Pros left MiB? If so, fancy flogging me a sleeve? \\

60 is tempting, £112ish delivered is a great price and should last a while...just a lot of money for a gamble.
Mine are all printed with my avatar, which you might not like! Just buy a dozen, they're a bit more expensive that way. Alternatively, send me £6.50 & I'll send you three.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Bill i gave the Pro model a go this weekend.

A very subjective review but I like them - I've been using a Srixon Z star for most of the year so can only really compare it to those.

Distance wise i don't think theres any noticeable difference (shall compare spin rates and distances next time i use gc2)
Feels good off the woods and irons, and ok off the wedges and putter. Spin wise, based on what i saw this weekend i don't think it checks up as much as a z star, however our greens were top dressed on thursday so they were still a little sandy - could have had an effect.
Does sound/feel a little clicky off the putter but i putted well in general this weekend so that doesn't bother me.

The main things for me were that it was predictable, so judging pitches and putts was a little easier. And Durability, used one saturday for 26 holes and it no cuts, it looked a little grubby but that was it. Same today, used one for 17 holes and same again - no cuts, would have used it again if i hadn't lost it.

I think i'll compare next time i use a LM for more in depth comparisons. Price wise the Vice balls work out at £110 ish for 5 dozen, srixons will be more like £135.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Have also been using them for a few rounds.

Got it em as a present and I like em. Also like that their still relatively new.

At my level I was sure I could use any ball and not tell a difference. But they seem to fly a little higher so stop quicker. Seem soft of the putter too which had. E leaving them shirt quite often to start. But I'll be ordering more when this all get lost.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just ordered the Sample Package for £16.99, so will get to try all 4 varieties of ball. Really liked the Vice Pro I used recently, so looking forward to giving them a good go when they arrive!

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've been using the vice drive the last couple of days. It's fine. And cheaper than most others too so all good here so far. Think I'll design a logo next time rather than just printing my name on one side and my club on the other.

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
Another convert! I just hope it lasts, I heard that the manufacturers are being sued by Titleist. Better get a stock in.

The lawsuit was filed in april this year. I'd guess by the fact that Vice is still selling the balls in question (Vice Pro) that they are confident to win the lawsuit. Wouldn't make too much sense to keep selling balls when everything every additional ball sold does is increase the compensation you have to pay another party...
Let's hope I'm right... ;)

I have been playing the Vice Drive for a couple of month now and really like them. Just got one of their trial boxes, too, and will try out if there's any noticeable difference between the various balls for me.

I am a bit disappointed that their gloves seem to be sold out all the time, heard good things about them, too, and would like to try them out.

el marko

Head Pro
Visit site
What's everyone's opinion on having their own logo printed? I'm a designer and so have my own logo for my cv and such. Do people think this is massively pretentious and showy off?