Verulam golf club

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Afternoon all

Due to play Verulam this coming Friday on a business day event, anyone played it recently and have anything to say?

Cheers

Adam

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have played Verulam a few times over the years, lastly about 3 years ago, it might not be the case now we have had plenty of rain but the fairways/approaches/greens were all very firm meaning you really had to land the ball short of the green and let it run on, the greens might be more receptive now ?

Its not an overly long course but has quite a nice mix of holes with some slight changes of elevation, there are a few blind tee shots and one par 3 which is a little 'odd' in that you tee off over a public road.

I think you will enjoy it. :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have played Verulam a few times over the years, lastly about 3 years ago, it might not be the case now we have had plenty of rain but the fairways/approaches/greens were all very firm meaning you really had to land the ball short of the green and let it run on, the greens might be more receptive now ?

Its not an overly long course but has quite a nice mix of holes with some slight changes of elevation, there are a few blind tee shots and one par 3 which is a little 'odd' in that you tee off over a public road.

I think you will enjoy it. :D

hit a moving taxi on the 17th there in a junior open many many years ago, got a decent bounce over the hedge and made 2 :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's not far from me and I kept meaning to play it but haven't yet. Would be interested in your feedback after you've been!

I've heard about the hole Arnold mentions which is over a road. Sounds unusual. And dangerous with the thin bullets I chuck out.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's not far from me and I kept meaning to play it but haven't yet. Would be interested in your feedback after you've been!

I've heard about the hole Arnold mentions which is over a road. Sounds unusual. And dangerous with the thin bullets I chuck out.

No danger with thins, theres a net thats tee side of the road, the danger is the big high slightly heavy one haha

D

Deleted member 18121

ha ha ok, noted....take an extra club on 17 :)

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Nice enough. Not the longest course , nice views of the Abbey as you head back toward the clubhouse. Greens have always been nice When ever I played.
Has a guest car park.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played it a few weeks ago....greens were fairly slick and firm.
course is bouncy, so play short and let it run on the green.
as others have said, not overly long, but got to put it in the right place.

found the 7th hole to be a pain in the arse when we played it. Need to hit driver, but looks really, really narrow!

Be prepared to see lots of Ryder cup logos!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Great hole. Long as you get over the massive fence they have to protect the road you will more than likely be putting

D

Deleted member 18121

Just got back.... Considering the recent weather it was in very good condition, very very fast greens but very true so enjoyed them a lot.

I found it a very open and forgiving course, I did find some of the blind tee shots, intersecting fairways and tee box positions a little weird if I'm honest.... And the famous 17th road hole is something to be experienced in rush hour. Very disconcerting!

Overall though I had a great time and found the facilities very good, managed to shoot 1 under my handicap too (off the yellows).