US Open 2024

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Bryson has won so many fans over - let's hope he gets it over the line - he is entertainment and would be a really popular winner.

Cantlay and Rory paired up as well - let's hope it's amicable after the Ryder Cup fracas..

Just wish they'd bump the tee times up an hour - it'll be a late conclusion for anybody wanting to watch outside of the 'States.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really hope Bryson can get over the line, but anything can happen out on that golf course.
Been the best Major so far in my opinion, great leaderboard going into tonight.
Totally agree. Even now, there is no way you can say this is over and done with. At any point you can blow big numbers on a hole.

A tournament in the US where wayward shots are actually penalised 😍.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Bryson has always been capable of chucking in a big number on any course, never mind a US Open setup.
Certainly too soon to be handing him tge trophy IMO, but he's obviously playing well.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What time did it finish last night? I fell asleep watching it. Am out tonight for a family meal, planning on watching the golf when I get back, but can see me dozing off again. Nothing to do with the standard of the golf, more the impact a few drinks has on me these days!

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Think tonight is going to be a great watch , some brilliant golf last night and some unlucky golf

Don’t think the winning score will be too far from 7 under

Hopefully see one of the Europeans come through and win

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Damn, just checked my sky bet. My deposit went in but must have forgot to click place bet lol 😆

Ah well, come on deshambles

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
What time did it finish last night? I fell asleep watching it. Am out tonight for a family meal, planning on watching the golf when I get back, but can see me dozing off again. Nothing to do with the standard of the golf, more the impact a few drinks has on me these days!
just gone 1 am.

I thought they were talking about it starting an hour earlier today just in case they needed the time for a play-off.

TigerTime

Visit site
Hopefully we get a proper shootout, but on current form Bryson is gonna win this comfortably enough I think. Seems to have the luck this week with lies etc too on mishits.

My heart wants it for Rory but I just cannot see it happening.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought a play off in the US Open was 18 holes the following day, or have they changed it?

The current playoff format for the U.S. involves the tied participants playing a two-hole aggregate playoff. For example, if one player shoots even for two holes, but the other player (or players) shoots a +2, then the player who shot for par will win the tournament.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
I think Rory has a good chance. He blows a bit hot and cold with his wedges and so far he's been more cold than hot. He's possibly due a few good ones.