US Masters Scramble Series 2024

The Fader

Visit site
Played a few of these this year. No expectation of winning- just a chance to play decent courses with mates at a discounted price in a fun format.

The winning scores have been almost without exception super low. Quelle surprise!!

By coincidence we played Brampton GC - the day before their event and the pin positions were all absolutely unreal, bordering on the impossible. Spoilt our enjoyment if I'm
honest. Yet the next day - the winning score was 59 gross!! And not by a team of low single figures looking at their shot allowance!! Unbelievable.

Couple of questions -

Has anyone else played in any of these events & what were your thoughts on the winning scores?
Given the top prize is a trip to Augusta - will the winners have give up their amateur status - as cleary the prize value exceeds £700pp?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
59 gross isn’t that exceptional for a scramble - assuming 4 people teams. Just think what you could score on your own if you had 4 goes at every shot 🤪

C7usk

Visit site
Played a few of these this year. No expectation of winning- just a chance to play decent courses with mates at a discounted price in a fun format.

The winning scores have been almost without exception super low. Quelle surprise!!

By coincidence we played Brampton GC - the day before their event and the pin positions were all absolutely unreal, bordering on the impossible. Spoilt our enjoyment if I'm
honest. Yet the next day - the winning score was 59 gross!! And not by a team of low single figures looking at their shot allowance!! Unbelievable.

Couple of questions -

Has anyone else played in any of these events & what were your thoughts on the winning scores?
Given the top prize is a trip to Augusta - will the winners have give up their amateur status - as cleary the prize value exceeds £700pp?
Have played this a few times... We decided not to this year though as we weren't anyway near competitive. I think there is a max combined hcp of around 6 shots, so given our hcps ( mid teens to early 20s) we were miles off.. We were also playing at our own course so wasn't value for money.. I think if you were paying 20 or 30 quid to play another course then it prob would be.. Am not bothered about amateurs winning a prize of around 700. Worth looking at the small print of what the actual prize is though.. I think the winners at our course were something like 16 under..

C7usk

Visit site
8.4 is max hcp... Flights not included for prize...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240812_183159_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240812_183159_Samsung Internet.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 6