Unusual excuse for a bad drive

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Before I left for my round today I was told that there were two humpback whales spotted near our course.

I spotted them just as we were walking to the first tee, one of our group was just teeing off and at the top of his backswing one of the whales surfaced and the sound of his blowhole carried to us.

He hit a really poor drive into the rough on the left ??

Boomy

Visit site
Brilliant! One of my PP’s is particularly good at ‘sounding off’ out of his blow hole just as someone is at the top of their backswing ? but that is a different example altogether ??

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Whilst playing a casual round on my own one evening I was twice disturbed at the top of my backswing by the noise of a Peacock close by....on both occasions I looked around for the offending creature but could not see anything. When the creature sqwaked once more for the third time I realise the sound was coming from above me....looked up to the the darned bird sat on a tree branch overhanging the tee some 20ft up. I didn't even know the buggers could fly to those sort of heights!!!

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Before I left for my round today I was told that there were two humpback whales spotted near our course.

I spotted them just as we were walking to the first tee, one of our group was just teeing off and at the top of his backswing one of the whales surfaced and the sound of his blowhole carried to us.

Such a shame we don't get Humpback Whales at Fereneze ( bit too high up and inland I suppose)
Could use Deer and Foxes 'spose, but Whales?...NOW THAT IS CLASSY(y):whistle:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Wish we had that excuse up at Bolton old links.

Only things we can blame are the exhaust sounds of XR3i’s booting it past, large scale domestic arguments from the estate over 1000 yards away and in Some cases, personal harassment from the local scallys on our 14th tee box

All of which have happened quite recently

?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wish we had that excuse up at Bolton old links.

Only things we can blame are the exhaust sounds of XR3i’s booting it past, large scale domestic arguments from the estate over 1000 yards away and in Some cases, personal harassment from the local scallys on our 14th tee box

All of which have happened quite recently

?
Don't suppose a few 'very, very wayward shots (with very old Top-Flites , or similar) would do the trick?
Or just shoot them-say you thought you were eradicating vermin-you'll get away with it;)
Just watch out for those 'wokey' winkers, them and the 'snowflake brigade'

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We get the odd thundering of hooves from across the road as the horses head around the final bend and into the home straight along with the tannoy commentary but that's about our lot and can't really use that as an excuse. At Wimbledon Common we'd have pony trekkers appearing from behind gorse at the last minute so having to try and stop the swing (didn't manage it once and caught the horse on the rump - that made it shoot like a Derby favourite in the last furlong with the poor girl haging on for grim death)

D

Deleted member 1147

Wow, that must have been fantastic to see.
Any photos?

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whilst playing a casual round on my own one evening I was twice disturbed at the top of my backswing by the noise of a Peacock close by....on both occasions I looked around for the offending creature but could not see anything. When the creature sqwaked once more for the third time I realise the sound was coming from above me....looked up to the the darned bird sat on a tree branch overhanging the tee some 20ft up. I didn't even know the buggers could fly to those sort of heights!!!
They can get some decent life - the parents in law used to live near a big National Trust place (on the edge of the land) and there used to be a peacock that would roam around their cul du sac. It used to sit on the 1st floor balcony of the townhouses there & used to leave a huge dump on it to achieve ultimate lift off :LOL: