Unpopular golfing opinions

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven’t mellowed James. S & T is still ........ !:)

Hopefully we will get another game before I’m past it.

TBH S&T is just another way of describing the correct golf swing, it isn't even worth debating over! I don't even recall a thread on the subject. All these different swings are just trying to explain away decades of misconceptions. These misconceptions come from one person tried to tell another person how to swing and the person being told not understanding it or feeling it as correct but in actual fact it is wrong.

Most pros these days are generally teaching the right swing, just explaining it different. Once you find the one speaking your "language" hold onto them! For some that language is "Rotary", or "One-Plane" and for others it's "S&T"... the list goes on.

sunshine

Visit site
Golf needs more sexy players like Paige Spiranac to increase interest in the game (although not sure it's accurate to describe her as a golfer).

It would help if some genuinely top pro golfers were photogenic and flaunted their sexuality more overtly.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I believe that over the golfball you should stay balanced, steady and centered (stacked)

I believe that you should play golf NOT stood up straight (tilted)

VERY unpopular opinions o_O
As opposed to unbalanced, unsteady and all over the place ;)

Or is S&T simply the antidote to all 'new-fangled' ways of addressing the ball and swinging the golf club. Sounds like I use S&T without even knowing it...there was me thinking it was something clever and revolutionary - you know - like Aimpoint :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Walking is an integral part of golf. All buggies should be removed from golf courses.

The only exception to this is that people with approved medical conditions should be allowed to use a single person buggy for casual golf.

So the person who has to use a buggy for medical reasons never gets to play in comp and get their handicap adjusted to suit there ability. That sure would go down well where I play.

It is simple where I play you can only use one in a comp if you have a medical certificate.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
So the person who has to use a buggy for medical reasons never gets to play in comp and get their handicap adjusted to suit there ability. That sure would go down well where I play.

It is simple where I play you can only use one in a comp if you have a medical certificate.

I used a buggy in a comp after I broke my foot. Got a nice little cut!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Work is something I am obliged to do between golf rounds and every putt is worth copious amounts of money so I must spend at least 10 minutes discussing the break with my imaginary caddy

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Many golfers who wear loudly coloured and big patterns golfing attire are only really interested in drawing attention to themselves...as in look at me - aren't I an outgoing, but self-deprecating and fun guy........yeh.......whatever :)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The best way to speed up golf is to make every golfer subscribe to a golf forum. This would also ensure all pitch marks are repaired, divots are replaced and all bunkers nicely raked.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The best way to speed up golf is to make every golfer subscribe to a golf forum. This would also ensure all pitch marks are repaired, divots are replaced and all bunkers nicely raked.
And so - if I come across unraked bunkers (normal times) and greens peppered with pitch marks - if I get the opportunity I might point out to the group in front - without pointing the finger - that I am spending a lot of time tidying up...

(it's not popular - I know through experience that it's a bit like asking someone in a store if they could possibly 'mask-up' :) )