TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Traitor last night…perhaps some of the best TV we‘ve watched in ages - and by wider viewer consensus some of the best ‘reality’/game show TV ever. All of hilarious, tense and totally engrossing and involving, just brilliantly bonkers.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Traitor last night…perhaps some of the best TV we‘ve watched in ages - and by wider viewer consensus some of the best ‘reality’/game show TV ever. All of hilarious, tense and totally engrossing and involving, just brilliantly bonkers.

As much as we enjoyed it I wouldn’t praise it that much. Had some great moments but also some naff, almost slapstick moments which for us felt odd. The missus fell asleep multiple times throughout as well so I don’t think she endorsed as much either lol.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was discussing The Traitors last night with my son's partner and with my daughter. Both are in their 20s and have never seen it. When I described how it works, they both said it sounds exactly like some show which used to be on CBBC about 10 years ago.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
As much as we enjoyed it I wouldn’t praise it that much. Had some great moments but also some naff, almost slapstick moments which for us felt odd. The missus fell asleep multiple times throughout as well so I don’t think she endorsed as much either lol.

Bugger, thought he was on about The Tourist 🤦🏻🤣

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
After enjoying "Fool me Once", we started on another Harlan Coben series last night, "Safe" which is on Netlix. So far, would say it is better than Fool me Once so hoping it continues that way.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haven't caught up with last night yet, but quite looking forward to it.
The podcast/recaps are also quite amusing depending on the "celebrity" contributers.
I can't decide whether most of the cast are plain dumb or really cunning. Given the state of the country, I'm going for the former!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
After enjoying "Fool me Once", we started on another Harlan Coben series last night, "Safe" which is on Netlix. So far, would say it is better than Fool me Once so hoping it continues that way.
I enjoyed Safe.
I can’t watch Fool me once.
Michelle Keegan is SO bad at acting 😬

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Definitely the best episode of this series. the mission was brilliantly done.
The producers have done well to keep the show fresh with twists on the original series without losing the essence.

Claudia Winkleman does really well to keep the atmosphere right for the different parts of the show.

I watched the Australian version recently, which I enjoyed, but the host wasn’t a patch on Claudia.

D-S

Visit site
Just watched yesterday’s Traitors, great fun, camp TV especially if you watch the Uncloaked episode afterwards.
It’s a clever show in a beautiful setting and as someone who wouldn’t dream of watching other reality shows (except the likes of Pottery Showdown, Portrait Artist of the Year, Bakeoff) it is a compelling watch.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I enjoyed Safe.
I can’t watch Fool me once.
Michelle Keegan is SO bad at acting 😬
That's a shame, Fool Me Once was really good and Michelle Keegan too.
I loved the scene where she was having a massive row with Joanna Lumley and it was very funny when JL told her to, do one, in a sweary way.
I think Michelle is a good actor.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
That's a shame, Fool Me Once was really good and Michelle Keegan too.
I loved the scene where she was having a massive row with Joanna Lumley and it was very funny when JL told her to, do one, in a sweary way.
I think Michelle is a good actor.
Have to agree to disagree on that one 😬

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished Reacher this morning, I personally enjoyed it, easy watching, although some parts were pretty far fetched.
Welcome to the world of Reacher 😂. I agree, and with a previous poster who said the best books were ones where he was in small towns rather than taking on big multi nationals. They tend to be less far fetched, although they always are to an extent.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finished Reacher this morning, I personally enjoyed it, easy watching, although some parts were pretty far fetched.

Ive enjoyed both series thus far. Still got today's episode to watch tonight

I agree some is ridiculously far fetched but I like that in a way. When a series is too accurate any little detail gets picked up on and becomes a plot hole etc etc. where as when your not taking yourself too seriously and just being entertainment then so much more slack is awarded