TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the last episode of The Piano last night. It was filmed at The Royal Festival Hall.
All four pianists performed and were brilliant in their own way. But the star of the show was of course, Lucy. She was fantastic, even better than when she performed at Leeds Station.
The audience were spellbound, you couldn't hear a pin drop, as they say. Just amazing!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I did not watch the last Endeavour on Sunday night because it clashed with the pottery final.
Last two nights, saw the last episode and the documentary about the last episode.

The whole series has been brilliant. 1965 to 1972 was the world I grew up in. Fred Thursday reminded me a bit of my dad - especially all the sayings and phrases.
Each episode had a story and there was always a longer story running through each series.
Final two scenes with Fred and Morse, in the pub and at the boot of the car, were superbly done.

It turned out all right - I knew it would.

I feel genuinely sad that there won't be anymore episodes to look forward to.

I will mind how I go.
BIB - I’m at S-F stage. Loving it. Just a great thing. Who do I want to win? As is always the case with TGPTD I don’t have a great fave and none of the last four I don’t want to win, but I’d prefer any one from three, though if pushed…🤔

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The mystery that is Alison Hammond, how does she get jobs?, is going to be the new co-host of GBBO. Considering Noel Fielding is painfully unfunny and she is just painful, this could be the year that we cut loose and miss it. Disappointing.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The mystery that is Alison Hammond, how does she get jobs?, is going to be the new co-host of GBBO. Considering Noel Fielding is painfully unfunny and she is just painful, this could be the year that we cut loose and miss it. Disappointing.

To be fair, the Bake Off has become a parody of itself, trying and failing to find the chemistry of Mel and Sue, Paul becoming a pantomime villain on it and all of the challenges setting the bakers up so as people can laugh at their failure rather than celebrate their skill. Unless there are more changes I will be turing off irrespective of the presenters.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair, the Bake Off has become a parody of itself, trying and failing to find the chemistry of Mel and Sue, Paul becoming a pantomime villain on it and all of the challenges setting the bakers up so as people can laugh at their failure rather than celebrate their skill. Unless there are more changes I will be turing off irrespective of the presenters.
Sadly, I think your summing up is very accurate. The last series definitely lost a lot of its charm, despite the contestants. The joy of the Pottery Throwdown, the wood work show, have all shown up the failings of GBBO in recent times.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly, I think your summing up is very accurate. The last series definitely lost a lot of its charm, despite the contestants. The joy of the Pottery Throwdown, the wood work show, have all shown up the failings of GBBO in recent times.

Such an easy trap to fall in, thinking that the format and presenters are what makes the show when it is simply the contestants, their skill and their camerarderie.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Agreed. I'll still stick with Bake Off I think - but the others have left it behind (add Sewing Bee to that)!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Bake Off has reached the point where it has become like the US Open of old: setting challenges where its a case of the contestants failing with the last person standing. Some of last season became a war of attrition, particularly when you look back to the early series'.