TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jo - Amazon. French detective series set in Paris, starring Jean Reno. A bit peculiar really. It is all in English, fine, but the cast, apart from Reno, are English or Irish. The weird bit is they seem to be speaking in soft American accents instead of their normal voices. I thought they were dubbed initially but I don't think they are. Anyway, easy enough 50 minute show

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Jo - Amazon. French detective series set in Paris, starring Jean Reno. A bit peculiar really. It is all in English, fine, but the cast, apart from Reno, are English or Irish. The weird bit is they seem to be speaking in soft American accents instead of their normal voices. I thought they were dubbed initially but I don't think they are. Anyway, easy enough 50 minute show

Was really disappointed with it, expected a lot more from our Jean

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Traitors (On BBC and iPlayer)

Not sure I am totally comfortable with the set up given the mental stress it could impose on individuals, but putting that aside it’s definitely a bit of fun and interesting, especially the psychology aspects. The ‘task’ stuff that builds the prize fun feels secondary, maybe it will be more revealing of character of the ‘players’ as series progresses and so may have greater relevance as the contestants learn better how to ‘play the game’.

And two extra big pluses - Claudia Winkleman does have a devilish way and twinkle in her eye ? and the castle and scenery..top Scotland ????????

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Traitors (On BBC and iPlayer)

Not sure I am totally comfortable with the set up given the mental stress it could impose on individuals, but putting that aside it’s definitely a bit of fun and interesting, especially the psychology aspects. The ‘task’ stuff that builds the prize fun feels secondary, maybe it will be more revealing of character of the ‘players’ as series progresses and so may have greater relevance as the contestants learn better how to ‘play the game’.

And two extra big pluses - Claudia Winkleman does have a devilish way and twinkle in her eye ? and the castle and scenery..top Scotland ????????
Just catching up with this on iPlayer.
Jury is out at the moment, but you're right about the scenery...