TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D

Deleted member 15344

The Recruit on Netflix - enjoyable watch , touch of dark humour in it , can certainly see a season 2 happening

Nice warm up for new Jack Ryan Season which is on 21st

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bloody fat fingers and iphones....... didn't spot that, was late-ish :oops::ROFLMAO:

But comment still stands, the accents are awful, why oh why did they bother......
I think I have had this discussion on here before. I'm a big fan of the Sean Connery approach. Use your own voice, everyone accepts it within seconds and you can enjoy the rest of the film. Fake accents are just distracting.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Blacklist.
Someone suggested I should give it a watch, but after the first episode last night I thought it was a bit naff. Does it get any better, 9 series is a lot to go through.

At least Jack is back today ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Blacklist.
Someone suggested I should give it a watch, but after the first episode last night I thought it was a bit naff. Does it get any better, 9 series is a lot to go through.

It is decent for a while but has been stringing out the same plot and twists for far too long now. James Spader hamming it up is always fun but I am only still watching now to see how it ends (and it has to end soon) rather than because the quality has been anything other than mediocre.

Do you know of the new Jack Ryan series is dropping all at one or whether it is coming out weekly. I finish for Xmas tomorrow, wife working until Friday afternoon and so I see a binge watch coming on if it drops all at once.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Blacklist.

It's very good for about 4 series and then jumps the shark. Enjoy those early series though, they are a lot of fun. I think I stuck with it until part way through 6, maybe 7. I stayed a series or two too long.

It worked when it stuck to its basic premise. When it started to go outside what it did best, like many US shows, it lost its way. Spader is brilliant throughout though.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just started the 2nd series of slow horses. Flows much better than the 1st.
Also a Jack Reacher series, not one with a 4 foot 2 dwarf playing the role. I did wonder why the current Mrs 148 wanted to watch it, but after the first few episodes and the lead has his shirt of multiple times it all became clear?