TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched 1st episode of Chuck…on ITV2. Enough in it for me to watch a 2nd.

And currently enjoying Man from U.N.C.L.E. It’s nonsense of course, but the acting of Robert Vaughn, David McCallum and Leo G Carroll has kept it worth watching, with humour (especially McCallum’s Illya Kuryakin) and loving the gadgets…most recent episode watched had them using their small, portable audio communications devices, much to the astonishment of others…?.

And boy did they cast some very attractive and excellent females in supporting parts…a stunning 30yr old Jill Ireland was in one just watched.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
currently watching Wednesday on Netflix - its ok.

the highlight so far is at about the 40-minute mark in episode 3 where the background music is the most amazing and haunting violin/cello version of Metallica's "nothing else matters"

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
currently watching Wednesday on Netflix - its ok.

the highlight so far is at about the 40-minute mark in episode 3 where the background music is the most amazing and haunting violin/cello version of Metallica's "nothing else matters"

I really enjoyed it, something a bit different to what I normally watch. Agree, the Metallica was superb

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched 1st episode of Chuck…on ITV2. Enough in it for me to watch a 2nd.

And currently enjoying Man from U.N.C.L.E. It’s nonsense of course, but the acting of Robert Vaughn, David McCallum and Leo G Carroll has kept it worth watching, with humour (especially McCallum’s Illya Kuryakin) and loving the gadgets…most recent episode watched had them using their small, portable audio communications devices, much to the astonishment of others…?.

And boy did they cast some very attractive and excellent females in supporting parts…a stunning 30yr old Jill Ireland was in one just watched.

If you mean this Chuck it's a highly entertaining show and worth staying with, made all the more appealing by the delightful Yvonne Strahovski

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For all Mankind (apple TV)

what happens to the NASA space program if the Russians are the first to land a man on the moon.

Some bits of filler but in to episode 4 series one . Now realised there are 3 series with a 4th under way so it must be getting really good ratings.

I am not often one for binge watching but have now finished series 2.

Something for nearly every one in there science fact, science fiction, political intrigue, personal relationships, love stories sex, marriage, violence and possibly war.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just watching Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the worlds on Sky Arts.

Really enjoying it ????
Excellent…one of these pieces of music that some of a certain age will know just about every note and word…and so we instantly recognise where Wayne added bits for this show…excellent bits added have to say.

I remember vividly when it was released. I was studying architecture at the time (1978) and was in the loft/study of my folks house - most probably heading towards doing an ‘all nighter’, and at midnight on the day of release the Radio Clyde presenter - I think it was Richard Park - played the first two sides straight through, and played the 2nd two the next night. I recall him describing it as ‘epic/ground breaking’…he was right. I bought it soon after...one of my most played albums.

Last edited: