TV Series - What Are You Watching?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a series- -

Last week Sky Arts had a documentary on Ennio Morricone (music composer for The Good the Bad and the Ugly and most Sergio Leone films).
It is 3 hours long so probably best viewed as a series. I had no idea that he had been the composer on so many and so many well known films.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Not a series- -

Last week Sky Arts had a documentary on Ennio Morricone (music composer for The Good the Bad and the Ugly and most Sergio Leone films).
It is 3 hours long so probably best viewed as a series. I had no idea that he had been the composer on so many and so many well known films.
Sky Arts have some nice bits occasionally, even for people like me who aren’t arts or music enthusiasts.
A couple of weeks back I think the BBC had an hour about Hans Zimmer. Zimmer and Morricone where the last 2 concerts I went to, more than 6 years ago.

Talking aboutvZimmer, and taking it back to series, has anyone here used Masterclass? I keep thinking about subscribing but never went through with it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Continuing our usual trend of being about a decade behind the times, we have now started watching Modern Family, as we needed a new quick and easy comedy to watch. Three episodes in and it's definitely a hit, both me and my wife finding it extremely funny, and with 11 series of it, it will fill many an evening to come.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Continuing our usual trend of being about a decade behind the times, we have now started watching Modern Family, as we needed a new quick and easy comedy to watch. Three episodes in and it's definitely a hit, both me and my wife finding it extremely funny, and with 11 series of it, it will fill many an evening to come.
Have you done the Disney episode yet? It's one of the early ones. It's where gloria hobbles around on high heels and Jay buys her some 'alternatives'. Still one of my favourites and we repeat her quotes from that to this day.

It's a superb series that maintains its standard across all of the various series.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'll give it a try as do like having the 30 mins fill a gap type of programme! Finished Two Doors Down so looking for something new (or old)!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Dates for the diary

Yellowsone series 5 and new series Tusla King, from same director Sheridan Taylor, which casts Sylvester Stallone as a fish out of water as a New York mob boss who's forced to set up shop in Oklahoma after a stint in prison, both start Sunday 13 Nov

Gonna have to sign up for Paramount +

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mammals, New Amazon black comedy with James Corden. Good start although I'm not a black comedy fan usually so may not stick the distance.

The Dalgleish Mysteries on C5. Nothing fancy, just a good adaptation of the books in an old school, 2hr format. The sort of program that is designed for Sunday nights at 8pm, although that isn't when it goes out o_O