TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Filling time waiting for Stranger things.

DI Ray was pretty good. I quite enjoyed it, but I did spot the storyline very early. Still enjoyed it.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen that "The Lincoln Lawyer" debuts as a Netflix series tomorrow

Trailer here

Like the film with McConaughey, trailer looks a bit too glossy, just hope it is as good as the film was.

Just watched nearly 2 episodes. Not sure why I wasted that long coming tonthe conclusion that it is shockingly bad! A shame. So utterly boring, wooden characters, no acting ability and poor script. Other than that.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nearly at the end of Rise of the Lakers. Surprised there has been no chatter on here about it. Really good series, doesn't pull its punches. You don't have to be interested in basketball, I'm not, to enjoy it.

There are some stellar performances, John C Reilly as the team owner and Quincy Isaiah as Magic Johnson in particular. Expect to see them at awards time.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched the first episode of "Ten Percent" on Amazon last night. Not sure if I will stick with it. It has decent numbers on IMDB, maybe it comes out better if you haven't seen the original French version of Call My Agent, on which this based? Having seen said original, it is much better and far more enjoyable, with a more likeable cast.

D-S

Visit site
Watched the first episode of "Ten Percent" on Amazon last night. Not sure if I will stick with it. It has decent numbers on IMDB, maybe it comes out better if you haven't seen the original French version of Call My Agent, on which this based? Having seen said original, it is much better and far more enjoyable, with a more likeable cast.
We really enjoyed the original, the characters were likeable and Paris life was really fascinating. We’ve watched 2 episodes of the new/UK one and, though the famous actors are more relatable, it’s not as interesting but still watchable. I’d be surprised if the remake goes for as many seasons as the original.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know The Staircase has been mentioned but I'd really recommend it. Who knew I could really dislike Colin Firth?!

The acting is superb...the scene where the victim dies is so well done it's very haunting and should come with a warning!