TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting. Set in Detroit. Very different to Harlan County, could work, might not.
How many crime families could they keep bringing out in Harlan though? There comes a point where it gets silly where a new one pops up each series. Going to Detroit, where they have dabbled stories before, can freshen things up. Hopefully so anyway ?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Re-watching Band of Brothers. First seen it when it was on BBC, possibly about 15-20 years ago. Amazing, better than I remember. Plan to watch the Pacific straight after, which I’ve never seen.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re-watching Band of Brothers. First seen it when it was on BBC, possibly about 15-20 years ago. Amazing, better than I remember. Plan to watch the Pacific straight after, which I’ve never seen.

What is the pacific you mention?
I watched the whole of Band Of Brother on a flight to Australia a couple of years ago. Epic stuff, like you I’d forgotten just how good it is.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Never watched it but have it lined up to watch. Looking forward to it. One of these series I doubt my Mrs would go for so have to wait until she has found a new lengthy series to watch before I start.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is the pacific you mention?
I watched the whole of Band Of Brother on a flight to Australia a couple of years ago. Epic stuff, like you I’d forgotten just how good it is.
Not sure if it’s a follow up, but definitely an alongside type show, made by the same team. As the name suggests it cover the Pacific War from the perspective of the Marine Corps. Like Band of Brothers, it has ten episodes and is available on Sky Boxsets.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ended up watching the whole of Afterlife season 3 last night. Started with the intention of eeking it out over a few days, but it was so good. Ending much more sentimental than I’d expected from Gervais, but no complaints here as nicely balanced with laugh out loud moments. I don’t mind admitting I had something in my eye for bits of it. The only disappointment was that one particular character (no spoilers) didn’t make an appearance.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished:

Around the World in 80 Days. Very good

The Tourist: Nearly good but ultimately disappointing. Can't say more without spoilers

Ongoing, Bobba Fett. Going well but too much of ep3 was in the dark and I couldn't make out what was happening ?. Why do they do that?