TV Series - What Are You Watching?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm really enjoying this series, in my opinion it's a massive step up. Love the weeping angels ??????

A great Dr Who enemy. Thought the very first weeping angel one is still excellent and love the way at the end they go around a town looking at all the statues on buildings and put the suggestion in the kids minds watching any of these could be a weeping angel. Definitely a better series than the last one

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Half way through season 2 of The Good Place, pretty good although it’s changed a lot from the first season. A couple of characters are becoming annoying though, specially the dopey monk lad.
I saw it through to the end. It never reached the heights of the first season for me. I don't think they knew what to do once the premis of season one was revealed. Finish it all the way or stop now, you won't have missed anything if you pack it in at this point.

Have you tried Mr Mayor? A new Ted Danson one. Not a must see but still funny and worth a watch.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw it through to the end. It never reached the heights of the first season for me. I don't think they knew what to do once the premis of season one was revealed. Finish it all the way or stop now, you won't have missed anything if you pack it in at this point.

Have you tried Mr Mayor? A new Ted Danson one. Not a must see but still funny and worth a watch.

No not seen that, I'll add it to the list.
Yeah the second season is totally different, I found the first episode excruciating but we've stuck with it for now. Please tell me the monk gets sent to the bad place very soon ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No not seen that, I'll add it to the list.
Yeah the second season is totally different, I found the first episode excruciating but we've stuck with it for now. Please tell me the monk gets sent to the bad place very soon ?
I'm afraid he stays irritating throughout. I could see his puprose in S1 but not so much after. I also missed Eleanor being bad. That was part of the fun.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We're all rooting for Giuseppe tonight in the Bake Off, right? :D

Although I think Chigs will win as Giuseppe seems to have plateaued a little in the last couple of weeks.
Agree with this. Giuseppe is my man in our office sweep but he has also been consistent across the series. Chigs has come on strong though and is definitely the form horse.

As long as Chrystal doesn't win, I don't think I could take the collapse, shriek, cry, collapse, 'what me?', scream, collapse if she won ?. Shame as she is very good, they all are. Tension is building here ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I honestly don't mind who wins and haven't thought Crystelle has been over melodramatic at all. I think her emotions have been truly genuine and born out of a lack of confidence.

The final is the only episode I watch live and David has to grin and bear it!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Needing something with short - under 30min - episodes, as sometimes that’s all I feel like, I have stumbled across Undone on Amazon Prime, and it looks really interesting.

An animation but with the characters very, very lifelike as the technique involved filming the scenes as normal and then the animators ‘tracing’ from the film and adding to it, so as a result it looks very real, except you know it’s animation, and weird things happen that don’t look out of place…it’s difficult to explain. And it’s not like such as Polar Express which I find frankly a little bit creepy…

Anyway…only a bit into Ep 2 and thinking my Mrs will enjoy it so will pause my viewing; grab her, and start again.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hawkeye. OK so far, goes off on a few too many tangents at the moment which is worrying for such a short series but with a major new character being introduced and with Hawkeye being a background character in the Avengers films then it does need some Lore building. We will see. Certainly watchable but only OK so far.