TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Nearly finished season 1 of Cobra Kai. Oh my, what a trip down memory lane. It's all handled so well. Very funny in places, and a bit of a piss take as well. Whoever thought that up is a genius.

I was reticent at first, but after some cajoling on here, I stuck with it, grew to like it and enjoyed it a lot more than I care to admit........ even if it does get a bit predictable and samey at times, it's worth a watch and I'm waiting for Season 4 in December.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave Chapelle thing on Netflix.
Is he the US equivalent of Roy chubby Brown ?
Might have to watch again as it flew by but can't say I was offended

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
New series of Shetland beginning on BBC1 tonight. Very good last couple of series' that have got better each time. Dougie Henshall is excellent.

What a good first episode, didn't disappoint, Dougie Henshall is superb as Jimmie Perez. Just a shame we have to wait a week for the next episode.

Had to make do with starting the second season of Manhunt. Martin Clunes also excellent in this.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Missus is forcing me to watch some newish Finnish drama on Netflix (can't remember the name). Is it just me or are all these Scandi-type dramas becoming much the same now? Tough, young, single mum cop reluctantly teams up with brash, young male cop to solve the murder of a young attractive woman who was simultaneously very working class, but mixed in upper social circles...

I feel that I can just skip to the last episode and miss out all the tedious personal stuff...

Anyway, watched Manhunter (film) again last night. Still the best Lecter film and an amazing 80's soundtrack...

Last edited:

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Continuing the theme of watching stuff I missed first time around, I’m currently four series deep into Seinfeld. Not even sure if it aired in the UK originally but I was obviously aware how popular it was globally. Plus I love Curb Your Enthusiasm. Really enjoying it, didn’t think I would but it’s consistently funny. The only annoying thing is when it cuts to Seinfeld delivering stand up at the start/end of episodes.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
New series of Escape to the Chateau on Channel 4 at 8 this evening. Always amazes me what Dick Strawbridge manages to turn his hand to. Proper engineer. Very jealous of his abilities.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Chestnut man on Netflix was pretty decent ?

Started this at the weekend, liking it so far, but don't really like the lead detective as yet. Why in these stories, are the detectives always really stupid when it comes to not telling people they are about to go down a dark hole on their own....... it's so stupid, it infuriates me, and I know it's only a story...