TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D-S

Visit site
Yeah, buying a northern UK football team through a Middle East shell company was a hard to believe plot twist.
That was Succession not Billions.
Billions lost the plot a season or two ago and the characters became caricatures for me, glad it seems to have come to a sort of natural conclusion.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We started on You series 3. It's not my favourite program in the world, but the wife likes it a lot. I was a bit worried it would just be more of the same with the same kind of storyline repeated from series 2 (it seemed like it would be from how they set it up), however they deviated from that pretty quick and it was actually really decent. we're about half way through.
Think I was a bit hasty, it has drifted off into nonsense for a few episodes since then. It seems to be very hit and miss, but I guess we'll see where it ends up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Squid Game - I'm up to ep 6, compelling viewing, show of the year for me. No spoilers but 1 word - Marbles

Anyone who has seen it will understand (I'm not even going to use emojis as I don't want to spoil it for anyone but you know if you have watched it)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Squid Game - I'm up to ep 6, compelling viewing, show of the year for me. No spoilers but 1 word - Marbles

Anyone who has seen it will understand (I'm not even going to use emojis as I don't want to spoil it for anyone but you know if you have watched it)
Everyone keeps saying how good it is,but I can’t bring myself to watch it ?‍♂️

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i finished Squid Game last night - it is very good and a must watch. I then started another Netflix Korean series called My name - 1 episode in and am also loving this.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
There is a lot of violence but there is so much more to it than that. If it doesn't appeal, it doesn't appeal but it is powerful stuff.

Have tried twice now to watch the first episode, fallen asleep both times...... Usually means it's good, I only stay awake through the rubbish progs & films, but don't know if I want to go a third time...... maybe get lucky.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have tried twice now to watch the first episode, fallen asleep both times...... Usually means it's good, I only stay awake through the rubbish progs & films, but don't know if I want to go a third time...... maybe get lucky.
The first episode is quite a slow burner until they get into the game, setting up the main character. Ep 2 is a mixed bag but it really takes off by episode 3.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In contrast we've watched 2 episodes of Hollington Drive and found it rather dull and bland. Mrs T is going to continue with it but I can't be bothered.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
New series of Shetland beginning on BBC1 tonight. Very good last couple of series' that have got better each time. Dougie Henshall is excellent.
Thanks for posting this. I can't believe the beeb haven't been promoting it. It's a really good show and I agree with you about Dougie Henshall.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We started on You series 3. It's not my favourite program in the world, but the wife likes it a lot. I was a bit worried it would just be more of the same with the same kind of storyline repeated from series 2 (it seemed like it would be from how they set it up), however they deviated from that pretty quick and it was actually really decent. we're about half way through.

Mrs loves it

It's like a complete rip off Dexter

Well like a poor man's copy

Like something off wish .com