TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
That's even worse! I end up reading what they're going to say before they've said it and it completely ruins any decent piece of dialogue. Can't understand why you would do that unless you're hard of hearing.

Pardon??
Tbh you get used to them real quick, I started watching Squid Game dubbed but then switched to subtitles, it’s really worth it. And as LT says it opens up so much content.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pardon??
Tbh you get used to them real quick, I started watching Squid Game dubbed but then switched to subtitles, it’s really worth it. And as LT says it opens up so much content.

Same, lasted about a minute with the dubbed version, absolutely awful so switched to subtitles. The missus was already asleep so bailed for another night ?
Got to say, some of the finest films ever made are subtitled, people who don't watch them for this reason are missing out on a whole bunch of classic films. Top of my head, Parasite, Last Train To Busan, Persepolis, Diving Bell and the Butterfly...the list is massive.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Same, lasted about a minute with the dubbed version, absolutely awful so switched to subtitles. The missus was already asleep so bailed for another night ?
Got to say, some of the finest films ever made are subtitled, people who don't watch them for this reason are missing out on a whole bunch of classic films. Top of my head, Parasite, Last Train To Busan, Persepolis, Diving Bell and the Butterfly...the list is massive.
A couple of recently rewatched subtitles favourites of mine - Amelie (Audrey Tautou ?) and Das Boot. Aside - Though French and not totally silent but not subtitled I love the films of Jacques Tati.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mr Mayor, Sky Comedy. Ted Danson stars, Tina Fey of 30 Rock fame is one of the writers. Easy viewing, enough chuckles and the characters are starting to develop nicely.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
We're new to Netflix at home (just a couple of weeks in). Have watched 10 episodes of Money Heist and most of Squid Game and have been really irritated by the terrible dubbing on each. Have only just realised we can swap the language over to "original" and put on subtitles. Hey ho - sorted!! Much better... Should have read this thread sooner!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My late Dad was a big JT fan.
This and @chellie’s on love of JT films makes me feel very old. Whaddya mean I am…!

Maybe some of us of a certain age get JT as we spent many wet Saturday mornings watching the silents of Buster Keaton, Harry Lloyd, The Keystone Cops, Charlie Chaplin, and Laurel and Hardy.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Started the second series of Back to Life on BBC yesterday and it’s nowhere near as good as the first so far. Very disappointing.

Also found the last series of Atypical underwhelming which is sad because it was very good overall.

Looking forward to the next series of Sex Education which airs this Friday on Netflix. I’m hoping that keeps up the high standard.

I’m also a latecomer to The Witcher but after two episodes I’m not hooked at all.

Finished Back to Life S2 last night, enjoyed it. It did get a bit sinister at times, and starts looking a bit bleak for Miri in the last couple of episodes....

Almost through Sex Ed too, still enjoying it, but have to say the writing has gone a bit silly. Is every young 17 year old really so paranoid and insecure that 5 mins without a text message means the end of a relationship?

Springveldt

Visit site
Watching I Zombie in Netflix. Give it a go, really impressed
This has been popping up on my recommendations for years and I finally caved in and gave it a go. Onto Season 4 now and really enjoying it.

Started Y: The Last Man on Disney+, 3 episodes in and not sure about it tbh.

Finished War Of The Worlds on Disney+, will not be watching season 3 if they make it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished Back to Life S2 last night, enjoyed it. It did get a bit sinister at times, and starts looking a bit bleak for Miri in the last couple of episodes....

Almost through Sex Ed too, still enjoying it, but have to say the writing has gone a bit silly. Is every young 17 year old really so paranoid and insecure that 5 mins without a text message means the end of a relationship?

When he told Miri she was his person...:love: