TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I know I am late to the party but we have Just finished watching the 1st two seasons of Misfits, really good cheap British TV. The 2nd episode when one of the characters was unaware he was bedding an 82 year old was one of the funniest things I’ve seen for years!
Fully aware it goes badly downhill when they start replacing characters but those 12 episodes were brilliant.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know I am late to the party but we have Just finished watching the 1st two seasons of Misfits, really good cheap British TV. The 2nd episode when one of the characters was unaware he was bedding an 82 year old was one of the funniest things I’ve seen for years!
Fully aware it goes badly downhill when they start replacing characters but those 12 episodes were brilliant.
Might have to re-watch. The show was great for the first two series. The ‘Nathan’ character was brilliant. As soon as he left it wasn’t the same.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might have to re-watch. The show was great for the first two series. The ‘Nathan’ character was brilliant. As soon as he left it wasn’t the same.
Nathan was the best, and it was a shame when he left the series. But I'm a big fan of Joe Gilgun too, and his character(s) is/are pretty great as well when he joined. Series 5 was pretty weak though when there were literally none of the originals left. And the Finn character is awful.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah, Bake Off. Apart from the horror of the opening sequence, what the heck was that about, it was on track straight away. It shows the standard they are all at now for the show stopper to be at the level it was on week 1. That would have been a semi final challenge in previous series.

Anyway, I have Jurgen and Giussepe in our work sweep, I'm feeling good about those two (y) (I also have George, lovely but he is not walking away with the trophy :LOL:)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dug out the NYPD blue dvds last night , I've got to say this is my favourite series of all time.

12 seasons , 261 episodes.
Should see me through recovery after the surgery ?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Quite enjoyed the opening episode of the new Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Some genuinely funny bits, despite Nish Kumar appearing. I’ll tune in next week to see if I temporarily enjoyed only due to the absence of Phil Jupitus.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
New Taskmaster last night. Jury is out on this cast. I did laugh a lot at Desiree's balloon task, but otherwise it was a slow start. I'm not sure who's going to stand out from this group. I don't think there's a Wozniak this time. Maybe Alan Davies has potential but we'll see. Victoria could be annoying, trying too hard to show how clever she is already.

D

Deleted member 15344

FBI and FBI Most Wanted

Good to see that even after a couple of seasons it’s still enjoyable

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
New Taskmaster last night. Jury is out on this cast. I did laugh a lot at Desiree's balloon task, but otherwise it was a slow start. I'm not sure who's going to stand out from this group. I don't think there's a Wozniak this time. Maybe Alan Davies has potential but we'll see. Victoria could be annoying, trying too hard to show how clever she is already.
Yeah I’m hoping Davies steps up after a quiet opening. I love the show, but it’s heavily dependent on the cast.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I’m hoping Davies steps up after a quiet opening. I love the show, but it’s heavily dependent on the cast.
I looked on Taskmaster Reddit and everyone there was delighted with the first episode and the cast. I quite like Morgana but that's probably for other reasons. ?

I think I just miss Wozniak. ?