TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D

Deleted member 1147

Annika on Alibi. Detective show with the wonderful Nicola Walker. It isn't a repeat, it is a brand new made for Alibi show. Promising start although she does the talk to camera thing which is not everyones cup of tea.
My Dad was telling me about this show.
He said he had real trouble understanding what the rest of the cast were saying - apparently they all had very heavy Scottish accents

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just got the amazon prime free trial, is there actually anything worth watching on there?

Depends what you like, but I would suggest:

Bosch - cop show, several notches better than the usual
Justified - US Marshal returns to old home to battle redneck drug dealers.
Man In The High Castle - Alternate reality sci-fi story about Germany and Japan winning the war.
Star Trek: Picard - with a baldy guy from Huddersfield
The Expanse - sci-fi saga about battles between Earth, Mars and places in between
Vikings - lots of violence an intrigue. Great characters, esp. in early seasons.

D

Deleted member 15344

The Clarkson farm series was enjoyable and if you like top gear , the trio of Clarkson Hammond and may have shows on there too.

Some films are worth watching eg Jack Ryan remakes

The Jack Ryan two series are very good

And the Clarkson Farm is excellent entertainment

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Man In The High Castle - Alternate reality sci-fi story about Germany and Japan winning the war.
The Expanse - sci-fi saga about battles between Earth, Mars and places in between
Vikings - lots of violence an intrigue. Great characters, esp. in early seasons.

Again, depending on taste I would add

The Boys
Jack Ryan
Treadstone
The Lower Decks

Plus keep an eye on the new films that are put on there. every now and again they get a quality release before Sky, Netflix etc.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The Boys on Amazon was excellent but tbh I don’t find much on there to interest me which doesn’t need extra payments. Netflix is far better.
Just started watching the 3rd series of Britannia on Sky Atlantic, so far it seems to be as good as the previous series.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Again, depending on taste I would add

The Boys
Jack Ryan
Treadstone
The Lower Decks

Plus keep an eye on the new films that are put on there. every now and again they get a quality release before Sky, Netflix etc.

Haven't seen The Boys or Lower Decks, but agree on Ryan and Treadstone.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Loki, really disappointing. They made the character weak and dull, the story just didn't grab me. I expected much better than that.
It was Dr Who, but with a Disney budget. The boy enjoyed it more than I did.

Nowhere near as good as WandaVision. But like WandaVision, it did the job of opening up the next phase of the MCU.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haven't seen The Boys or Lower Decks, but agree on Ryan and Treadstone.

Those 2 appeal more to my geek tendancies. The boys is very good but is superhero based and that puts some off. It is certainly not Marvel.

The Lower Decks is animated and is about the unheralded nobody crew members on a ship in the Star Trek universe. I find it funny but much will depend on how much the premise appeals.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Dad was telling me about this show.
He said he had real trouble understanding what the rest of the cast were saying - apparently they all had very heavy Scottish accents
He must have a very sensitive ear, I didn't find it a problem. Shows like Shetland can be tricky with some characters but I did not find the same with this. Sometimes an accent just doesn't suit someones ear.

D

Deleted member 1147

He must have a very sensitive ear, I didn't find it a problem. Shows like Shetland can be tricky with some characters but I did not find the same with this. Sometimes an accent just doesn't suit someones ear.
Well to be fair, he is old and as deaf as a post ;)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

First couple of seasons of Justified are brilliant. A role that was pretty much perfect for Timothy Oliphant (although Jacob Pitts as Tim Gunderson, brilliant dry/black humour and Nick Searcy as Art Mullen are also really good).

Season 4 onwards gets a bit outlandish but the ending to the series is very, very well done.

The portrayal of "holler" folks in the Kentucky hills is sometimes comedic and sometimes pitiful. Some great characters though and some really good stints from Walton Goggins and Jeremy Davies as Boyd Crowder and Dickie Bennett respectively.