TV Series - What Are You Watching?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over the past 3 nights I have been doing a rewatch of Band Of Brothers. (10 episodes). A dramatisation of the events that happened to the American 101st Airborne division in the days leading up to the Nornandy landings until some considerable time after the end of WWII

Quite amazing for me I could remember very little from the first time I watched it and it still nearly bought me to tears in places. Still makes me very glad I did not live during those times.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Binged UK crime drama Unforgotten from a few years ago showing on netflix . All 3 cases really good we thought, 6 episodes in each case. All use the same formula of body remains found with a forensic clue or two, then the hunt for killer(s) begins.
9/10 for all 3.
Wish there was more.:(

There is nice reminder for me. I missed the second two series and noticed last week they are on BritBox.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Burnt through a couple of series his week:

Safe House on Netflix, drama with Chris Ecclestone. Started off OK, but was a bit obvious, and some lazy script writing allowing too many schoolboy mistakes. Unfortunately, the story seems to continue into season 2, which was made in 2017 and is not listed on Netflix.

Finally got round to Season 3 of Sneaky Pete, don't know why I stopped watching it when it was released, as I quite like the show. It was worth sticking with, quite entertaining, just have to ignore the whiney youngest cousin's character.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone watching the new Marvel series?
If it is anything like the Mandalorian I am going to have to.

Will start on Wandavision tonight. Not sure what I am going to make of it. Seems a bit more out there than the Mandelorian with use of sitcom tropes and hints at alternate realities (bearing in mind that one of the main characters dies in Infinity War). Will certainly watch it but not expecting a straight out Marvel action show.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will start on Wandavision tonight. Not sure what I am going to make of it. Seems a bit more out there than the Mandelorian with use of sitcom tropes and hints at alternate realities (bearing in mind that one of the main characters dies in Infinity War). Will certainly watch it but not expecting a straight out Marvel action show.

I thought that was most of the point of it. Wanda's powers allow her to create an alternate "perfect" universe where Vision is still alive but it all starts to go a bit awry and sinister and moves her more in to Scarlet Witch than Wanda Maximoff.

Of course, with all things Marvel thats just one of a million possible interpretations.

Not sure I like how they are intertwining the TV series in to the over arching Phase 4 movie arc as those without Disney+ will make less sense of the new P4 films when launched IMO.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought that was most of the point of it. Wanda's powers allow her to create an alternate "perfect" universe where Vision is still alive but it all starts to go a bit awry and sinister and moves her more in to Scarlet Witch than Wanda Maximoff.

Of course, with all things Marvel thats just one of a million possible interpretations.

Not sure I like how they are intertwining the TV series in to the over arching Phase 4 movie arc as those without Disney+ will make less sense of the new P4 films when launched IMO.

Not sure, could be that, could be a multiverse thing. All I have read so far is that the first episodes do not reveal much. Will watch the first 2 episodes tonight with interest.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Part one of the Pembrokeshire murders last night, we recorded the 3 and will watch them all this week. Quite good so far, set the scene very well for Keith Allen's character to shine, I don't recall the murders at the time, its one thing ITV do well though is a crime drama IMHO.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Part one of the Pembrokeshire murders last night, we recorded the 3 and will watch them all this week. Quite good so far, set the scene very well for Keith Allen's character to shine, I don't recall the murders at the time, its one thing ITV do well though is a crime drama IMHO.

We've watched two episodes so far, has been very good. (y)

U

User62651

Got recommended Lilyhammer by friend. New York Italian mafia thug (with charm) informant relocates under witness protection to rural Norway. Clash of cultures ensues and makes for quite watchable dark humour. Onto 2nd series now, 7/10, worth a look.

sunshine

Visit site
Over the past 3 nights I have been doing a rewatch of Band Of Brothers. (10 episodes). A dramatisation of the events that happened to the American 101st Airborne division in the days leading up to the Nornandy landings until some considerable time after the end of WWII

Quite amazing for me I could remember very little from the first time I watched it and it still nearly bought me to tears in places. Still makes me very glad I did not live during those times.

I noticed this was on again. Emotionally I'm probably not ready to watch it now, the interviews with the veterans really have an impact on me, I was in floods of tears watching the final episode.

Really excellent series, the book is well worth reading too. The movie Saving Private Ryan was based on an episode in the book.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember the murders.
It’s really good ,I enjoyed it.

U

User62651

Great watch and plenty episodes to not rush it.
Hero/nutter Spiers always stuck in the mind, a bit unhinged maybe, one of those that really enjoyed war? Born in Edinburgh too!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Unforgotten is a must watch - really good show. Other similar detective-type must watch shows include Line of Duty, Happy Valley, Scott & Bailey, Bodyguard, The Fall, Luther, Giri Haji, Marcella, Prime Suspect, Inspector Morse (plus Inspector Lewis and Endeavour), the Tunnel, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Spooks, Between the Lines (need to hunt this down - I know it is great but can't remember much), Touching Evil, Sherlock, Foyles War, Silent Witness, Waking the Dead, Dalziel & Pascoe (nobody can scratch their balls as well as Dalziel!), Strike, Cracker, Line of Duty, House of Cards, The Shadow Line, New Tricks, No Offence, New Blood, Murph's Law,

Do you ever do any bloody work? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And where were The Sweeney & Hill Street Blues in that list? :mad:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched E1 of Between the lines, the haircuts and clothes ??.

A modern day remake would be brilliant, not sure I can watch anymore even thought story line is superb.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started a couple of series this week.

Community, for watching on my own when bored. Seems funny so far, has good potential.

End of The Effing World, for dinner time watching with the missus. I knew it would be weird but it's still.. very weird.