TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been recording a few of these. I don't watch the whole thing though, just the beginning...little in the middle and then the final product. One on the Isle of Wight the other day.....nice house, but they had planned on about £800-900K or so and ended up spending £3.3m?
There are certain constants in that programme:

1/ We want to be in by Christmas - You won't, you will still be living in the static caravan or with your in laws
2/ The budget is £xy - It will always go over, always. No matter how rigid you state the budget is at the beginning. After all these years you would think they would know to build in a contingency although you can't factor in an extea £2.5m though to be fair
3/ The glass will hold the project up. - It just does, no one knows why glass mfrs consistently deliver late but they do

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There are certain constants in that programme:

1/ We want to be in by Christmas - You won't, you will still be living in the static caravan or with your in laws
2/ The budget is £xy - It will always go over, always. No matter how rigid you state the budget is at the beginning. After all these years you would think they would know to build in a contingency although you can't factor in an extea £2.5m though to be fair
3/ The glass will hold the project up. - It just does, no one knows why glass mfrs consistently deliver late but they do

the woman always gets pregnant

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
the woman always gets pregnant
Great shout. Why wouldn't you want to carry a baby for 9 months on a building site, then give birth, carrying it around, whilst also project managing the job and living in a cold static caravan? If only some form of contraception was widely available to people that could help at this sort of time :unsure:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Loving F1 Race to Survive on Netflix. Daniel Ricciardo comes across as one of the funniest most down-to-earth people around. My sisters have spoken to him at their local surf club in Perth and he's apparently like that all the time. Christian Horner comes across pretty well even if his wife is a bit of tart who can't sing. And yes, Lewis Hamilton is still a nob.

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched the first episode of the Serpent on iplayer last night. Seems reasonable thus far.

Just finished watching this, like Amanda says, the flicking back and forth on the timeline is distracting but overall I enjoyed it.

Must admit to never having heard of the guy prior to this.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Binged UK crime drama Unforgotten from a few years ago showing on netflix . All 3 cases really good we thought, 6 episodes in each case. All use the same formula of body remains found with a forensic clue or two, then the hunt for killer(s) begins.
9/10 for all 3.
Wish there was more.:(

Really enjoyed it, they should make more.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Binged UK crime drama Unforgotten from a few years ago showing on netflix . All 3 cases really good we thought, 6 episodes in each case. All use the same formula of body remains found with a forensic clue or two, then tTouching Evil, he hunt for killer(s) begins.
9/10 for all 3.

Unforgotten is a must watch - really good show. Other similar detective-type must watch shows include Line of Duty, Happy Valley, Scott & Bailey, Bodyguard, The Fall, Luther, Giri Haji, Marcella, Prime Suspect, Inspector Morse (plus Inspector Lewis and Endeavour), the Tunnel, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Spooks, Between the Lines (need to hunt this down - I know it is great but can't remember much), Touching Evil, Sherlock, Foyles War, Silent Witness, Waking the Dead, Dalziel & Pascoe (nobody can scratch their balls as well as Dalziel!), Strike, Cracker, Line of Duty, House of Cards, The Shadow Line, New Tricks, No Offence, New Blood, Murph's Law,

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
DNA was excellent, and Back to Life seems to be going in the right direction. Just started watching Spiral on BBC I Player starting at the beginning because it will direct you to series 8.Very good French offering.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unforgotten is a must watch - really good show. Other similar detective-type must watch shows include Line of Duty, Happy Valley, Scott & Bailey, Bodyguard, The Fall, Luther, Giri Haji, Marcella, Prime Suspect, Inspector Morse (plus Inspector Lewis and Endeavour), the Tunnel, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Spooks, Between the Lines (need to hunt this down - I know it is great but can't remember much), Touching Evil, Sherlock, Foyles War, Silent Witness, Waking the Dead, Dalziel & Pascoe (nobody can scratch their balls as well as Dalziel!), Strike, Cracker, Line of Duty, House of Cards, The Shadow Line, New Tricks, No Offence, New Blood, Murph's Law,
Is the 1st mentioned Line of Duty the same as the 2nd one ?‍♂️??

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Between the lines is on you tube ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Binged UK crime drama Unforgotten from a few years ago showing on netflix . All 3 cases really good we thought, 6 episodes in each case. All use the same formula of body remains found with a forensic clue or two, then the hunt for killer(s) begins.
9/10 for all 3.
Just starting on series 2. Excellent.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
DNA was excellent, and Back to Life seems to be going in the right direction. Just started watching Spiral on BBC I Player starting at the beginning because it will direct you to series 8.Very good French offering.

Finished "Back to Life" last night, was very good, glad to see a second season due. Should of been shown BBC3 in November, so hopefully soon.