TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Done first five episodes of Season 1 Luther. Please tell me it gets much better?!?!
If you don't like it at this point then don't bother further. It is more of the same and you will either like it or not. I enjoyed it, although some episodes scared the heck out of me, but the last series was really poor imo and it has run its course

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the first 6 episodes of the 2nd season of Killing Eve as its already out in the states and thankfully, it hasn't got 2nd season syndrome!

Almost about to start my binge on Billions as I've stacked those.

And agree re Chernobyl - I wish I hadn't have watched the first as it leaves me with one more to watch, when I want to see them all back-to-back.

Currently watching Vinyl which i'm rather enjoying, too.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
And agree re Chernobyl - I wish I hadn't have watched the first as it leaves me with one more to watch, when I want to see them all back-to-back.

Our lass has said she couldn't cope with the grimness if it was a full series at a time. I'd love it!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Game of thrones (up to date)
Line of Duty (Just finished the final episode)
Chernobyl (watched the first two episodes so up to date, interesting thus far)

Only problem now is the mrs is looking at tours of chernobyl and I can't find a hazmat suit in my size.

Back on topic however, Killing Eve next I think. Not seen an episode yet but heard good reviews.
Try Watching" Barry" entertaining comedy about a hit man.(y)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have retrospectively recorded Chernobyl. I will watch it back to back. I am not good with series, so this one at 5 episodes, no sequel, no hanging ending, should be up my street.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried to watch the latest episode of Midsomer Murders last night but it was frankly awful. Bland and just plain boring. And yet another daft theme. Needs to be put out to pasture methinks.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If you don't like it at this point then don't bother further. It is more of the same and you will either like it or not. I enjoyed it, although some episodes scared the heck out of me, but the last series was really poor imo and it has run its course
This^^^

I thought it started really good.
Last couple of series were poor tho.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just finished series 3 of Mum. If it doesn't win an award then there's gonna be some good tv this year!!! We've watched the lot. It's an incredible slow burner. iT acted totally different to other shows and the tension that is built up between the main two characters is immense. The wife was in tears! Series 3 is just incredible, but you have to watch 1 and 2 to get the full effect. Liza McGrillis is brilliant! Well they all are.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Epic fail last night. We tried Fleabag based on lots of recommendations. 2 and a half episodes in and we gave up. Not a smirk at any stage, just painful to watch. We then tried Gentleman Jack. We made it to 25 minutes before that bit the dust.

I have a book to read for tonight.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Epic fail last night. We tried Fleabag based on lots of recommendations. 2 and a half episodes in and we gave up. Not a smirk at any stage, just painful to watch. We then tried Gentleman Jack. We made it to 25 minutes before that bit the dust.

Agree with Fleabag - if that was made about a man, it would be ridiculed as sexist crap.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Didn't even finish the first episode...... they were raving about it on the radio this morning though :unsure:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just finished series 3 of Mum. If it doesn't win an award then there's gonna be some good tv this year!!! We've watched the lot. It's an incredible slow burner. iT acted totally different to other shows and the tension that is built up between the main two characters is immense. The wife was in tears! Series 3 is just incredible, but you have to watch 1 and 2 to get the full effect. Liza McGrillis is brilliant! Well they all are.

Just downloaded all three series - hope it's as good as you say :)