TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Titans on Netflix. DC attempt to emulate daredevil etc. Actually pretty good.

Looking forward to season 2 of The Punisher on Friday

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Manhunt. A really excellent 3 parter on ITV about the investigation that led to the arrest of Levi bellfield. Not sensationalist, a nuts and bolts approach. Martin Clunes was very good, as were all of the cast to be fair.

I'd like to have known what happened to many of the characters after the case as this was clearly career defining in both ways. Surrey police came out badly, they were in charge of the Milly Dowler case, and I'd be surprised if he was still married to his then wife. Force politics getting in the way of actually solving the cases were pretty disturbing. Recommended.

Agree. Thought it was excellent and gripping. Martin Clunes was superb.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Titans on Netflix. DC attempt to emulate daredevil etc. Actually pretty good.

Looking forward to season 2 of The Punisher on Friday
Man, I am so far behind of these. Got bored of Luke Cage two thirds through series 2 and stopped watching it. Apparently since then Iron Fist has come out (didn't like the first series so might skip that), DareDevil s3 (loved the first two so need to watch that) and now Punisher s2 as well! First series of Punisher was great.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Man, I am so far behind of these. Got bored of Luke Cage two thirds through series 2 and stopped watching it. Apparently since then Iron Fist has come out (didn't like the first series so might skip that), DareDevil s3 (loved the first two so need to watch that) and now Punisher s2 as well! First series of Punisher was great.
I left Luke Cage after about 7 episodes. The Punisher I'm dipping in and out of in Series 1. Haven't tried Iron Fist, but interestingly this and Luke Cage are now canned.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I left Luke Cage after about 7 episodes. The Punisher I'm dipping in and out of in Series 1. Haven't tried Iron Fist, but interestingly this and Luke Cage are now canned.
In fact iron fist, luke cage and daredevil are all canned and I suspect The Punisher and Jessica Jones will follow. Big spat between Disney and Netflix over Disneys new streaming service.
Season 3 of daredevil is superb, luke cage and iron fist were no big loss and jessica jones nosedived after series 1

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In fact iron fist, luke cage and daredevil are all canned and I suspect The Punisher and Jessica Jones will follow. Big spat between Disney and Netflix over Disneys new streaming service.
Season 3 of daredevil is superb, luke cage and iron fist were no big loss and jessica jones nosedived after series 1
If I had to rank them I'd say DareDevil is the best, followed by Punisher. Then JJ which was decent, Luke Cage was ok but a bit dull, and Iron Fist bottom of the pile because I basically hate the Iron Fist character. He's like a whiney overgrown child at times, I just found him irritating.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Manhunt. A really excellent 3 parter on ITV about the investigation that led to the arrest of Levi bellfield. Not sensationalist, a nuts and bolts approach. Martin Clunes was very good, as were all of the cast to be fair.

I'd like to have known what happened to many of the characters after the case as this was clearly career defining in both ways. Surrey police came out badly, they were in charge of the Milly Dowler case, and I'd be surprised if he was still married to his then wife. Force politics getting in the way of actually solving the cases were pretty disturbing. Recommended.

Thanks for the heads up, just finished watching it, excellent stuff.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Watched the first two episodes of Vinyl last night, not bad TBH, not many dramas where you get to see recreations of The Velvet Underground playing the factory or the New York Dolls bringing the house down.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw the first episode of the new series of Magnum PI. Generic tosh, easy on the brain. Suspect I will barely bother but watching it reminded me what a brilliant theme tune it had.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The Crimson Rivers from the Walter Presents series on Channel 4. Watched the first two episodes on catchup. French detective drama with subtitles, not too taxing, but quite enjoyable. Will stick with for now.

U

User62651

Finished Ozark (s1 and s2) - thought it was great!

I started on this in December when i was off work post surgery, got through most of season 1 and it sort of had me engaged but have drifted off it, should I keep going?

Started on Prison Break recently, watched a few, realised the actual escape wan't until episode 20 so skipped to there and a couple episodes after that but upon seeing there is 80+ shows to get through (more than game of thrones) I have psychologically given up already.

Sex Education on Netflix is a good watch (but not with your parents or kids:whistle:), there's only 8 episodes too!(y)