TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D

Deleted member 15344

Finished Save Me last night. Really difficult to watch due to the subject matter. Lennie James was superb in it. Hopefully there will be a second series. Very good indeed.

Finished it last night - very hard hitting and very hard to watch - brilliant acting allround , superb series and look forward to the next one

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just finished Braindead on Amazon, which was enjoyable. Now started Altered Carbon on Netflix, set in a very Bladerunner type environment, promising first episode.

Just started on Altered Carbon myself. Think I've got the hang of what's going on - so the basic premis of the body being a sleeve and our mind being in a removable 'stack'.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just finished watching the first season of Stan Lees Lucky Man - really enjoyed it

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Found myself stumble onto Forces TV yesterday - and one of my favs from the 60s was on - Hogan's Heroes. Me, my brother and my dad always really enjoyed watching that.

But without Googling - who remembers the name of the actor who played Hogan - and perhaps harder still - who played Sgt Schultz? When I saw the names roll in the credits I remembered them immediately...but who knows...?

The music was great as well :)

...and it is still holds up pretty well...even though it is very silly (and watching it you have to remember it was on only 20 yrs after the end of WWII and a lot of serious WWII-based war movies and series were being made)

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Found myself stumble onto Forces TV yesterday - and one of my favs from the 60s was on - Hogan's Heroes. Me, my brother and my dad always really enjoyed watching that.

But without Googling - who remembers the name of the actor who played Hogan - and perhaps harder still - who played Sgt Schultz? When I saw the names roll in the credits I remembered them immediately...but who knows...?

The music was great as well :)

...and it is still holds up pretty well...even though it is very silly (and watching it you have to remember it was on only 20 yrs after the end of WWII and a lot of serious WWII-based war movies and series were being made)

I remember the series well but not the names, sadly the lead actor [ Hogan ] commited suicide Edit -.OOPS wrong ,:eek:

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Season 2 Jessica Jones is out today. I'm wondering if they've managed to avoid it being totally rubbish without David Tennant being in it this time. Since I thought he was the only decent thing about the first season.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just finished Stranger Things on Netflix. I liked it! A bit weird, but really enjoyed it! Looking forward to season 3 in late 2018/early 19.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
A pleasant evening of 'regular' TV viewing...

The Durrells followed by Good Karma Hospital topped off with Brooklyn...

Not a swear word to be heard or naked flesh to be seen but still thoroughly entertained...