TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm afraid nobody can trust your reviews since you've openly admitted you watch Love Island and all manner of utter garbage. :LOL:
That is a very strong post and hard to argue against 🤣 .

My SiL is the same. Watches daytime dramas on Ch5 loves Hollyoaks. We got caught with a couple of recommendations but now we just nod, smile and make a mental note not to touch with a barge pole.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You really don‘t know what you are missing 😘 (@Bdill93 does). My Mrs didn’t watch the first series (I did) and was very sceptical of my enthusiasm and whether she’d bother. She’s utterly hooked - indeed last night was complaining that she has to wait until this evening for the next episode - so thinks next week and following weeks she might wait until the week’s three episodes have been aired and then binge watch the three in a row. It’s great fun…
Likewise, I didn't watch S1, and wasn't that keen to start on S2, but I did, and I'm hooked! Will probably go back and watch S1 when this one is finished.

We should have a seperate "spoilers allowed" thread to discuss the show.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally convinced the wife to watch the us office with me (she really doesn't like Ricky Gervais so wasn't willing to even try the us version even though I told her how brilliant it is)

3 episodes in she was laughing out loud which I was delighted with as season 1 is weak compared to the rest

One day she will appreciate that my taste in TV is never wrong 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finally convinced the wife to watch the us office with me (she really doesn't like Ricky Gervais so wasn't willing to even try the us version even though I told her how brilliant it is)

3 episodes in she was laughing out loud which I was delighted with as season 1 is weak compared to the rest

Had the opposite experience sadly - we watched the first series and she didn't like it at all and refused to watch anymore. I told her that everyone in the world says it gets better after series 1, but it was too late, her mind was made up.

I have a whole list of programs I wanted to watch that she doesn't - but whenever I'm alone I just stick YouTube on these days so I never watch anything from the list. :LOL:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I’m no fan of Ricky Gervais but eventually a mate persuaded me to put that dislike to one side and watch Afterlife.

Absolutely brilliant. Well written, well acted, made me laugh and cry in equal measure. Best TV I watched last year.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the opposite experience sadly - we watched the first series and she didn't like it at all and refused to watch anymore. I told her that everyone in the world says it gets better after series 1, but it was too late, her mind was made up.

I have a whole list of programs I wanted to watch that she doesn't - but whenever I'm alone I just stick YouTube on these days so I never watch anything from the list. :LOL:

It's frustrating.. I have my list of marvel shows.. star wars shows .. didn't even bother asking if she wanted to watch reacher thought Im not being behind on another show aha

Victories in shows to date

Dexter
House
Superstore
Parks and recreation

And now the us office

I was hoping to skip season one to temp her in but I think she thought she could get away with it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m no fan of Ricky Gervais but eventually a mate persuaded me to put that dislike to one side and watch Afterlife.

Absolutely brilliant. Well written, well acted, made me laugh and cry in equal measure. Best TV I watched last year.
Another thing we're not allowed to watch anymore. Watched the first two series when they came out, but since having the baby her emotions are different and she won't watch anything that's sad. (Although it's a comedy it had a lot of sad moments.) We even stopped watching Better Call Saul because she found that depressing! It's hard work finding programs that are unilaterally upbeat.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Another thing we're not allowed to watch anymore. Watched the first two series when they came out, but since having the baby her emotions are different and she won't watch anything that's sad. (Although it's a comedy it had a lot of sad moments.) We even stopped watching Better Call Saul because she found that depressing! It's hard work finding programs that are unilaterally upbeat.

I watched it when I was still going through treatment for prostate cancer, so as you can imagine I found a lot of it a really tough watch.

Classic dark humour, though. I loved it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched it when I was still going through treatment for prostate cancer, so as you can imagine I found a lot of it a really tough watch.

Classic dark humour, though. I loved it.
I personally found that the beauty of it, to come up with something hilarious literally seconds after something tragic. But as I say, that doesn't work well with my wife's rollercoaster emotions these days.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Fool Me Once: my wife and I got through an episode and a half before we binned it off - the acting is atrocious in it, we couldn't stand it.

Just finished watching Kin, fantastic TV.

Now we're working our way through the second series of Reacher.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fool Me Once: my wife and I got through an episode and a half before we binned it off - the acting is atrocious in it, we couldn't stand it.

Just finished watching Kin, fantastic TV.

Now we're working our way through the second series of Reacher.

Watched the latest one earlier .. annoying to have to wait a week to finish it. Love it

I really enjoyed the cruise ones even tho he didn't "fit" the role I loved the story so seeing this in series form has been brilliant

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Series 4 of Stranger things was actually pretty good. More I have watched though, the more it seems to me that the plot is pretty much a spin on the plot if Buffy the Vampire Slayer (hellmouth under small town , kids save the day etc)