TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We've finally got Netflix. So are watching

Young Sheldon - meh
Gilmore Girls (wife) - Talk waaaay to fast so obviously scripted so I cant get involved.
Snow Pirercer or whatever - Not fully explained at the start. mate a work watches it so I'm ploughing through LOL
Manifest - Sort of like this.
Superstore - Still good. I can finally finish it off
BUT top top top funny show STILL GAME. OMG soooooooooo funny.
I'd also suggest Young Wallender, The Night Agent, Deadwind, The Lincoln Lawyer, The Recruit, The Queens Gambit

Snow Piercer, don't get too excited. It's one of those that goes on and on.

For comedy, watch the first 2 series of Community but stop then. Also Schitts Creek is brilliant. Stick with it if you don't like it early days, it's worth it.

D-S

Visit site
I'd also suggest Young Wallender, The Night Agent, Deadwind, The Lincoln Lawyer, The Recruit, The Queens Gambit

Snow Piercer, don't get too excited. It's one of those that goes on and on.

For comedy, watch the first 2 series of Community but stop then. Also Schitts Creek is brilliant. Stick with it if you don't like it early days, it's worth it.
Or Narcos, Narcos Mexico, the Madoff doc., Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Quarterback, The Ted Bundy Tapes, Mindhunter , FIFA uncovered, - I could go on and on.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched last 2. Bizarre, humorous, and very black. Tremendous programme.

Agreed. Shocking at times too. One of those programmes where you think you know what's coming and relax, only for something unexpected (but plausible) happens, to keep you watching!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Final of the woodwork show last night. A decent final, if not a classic. I think throughout this series very few pieces have been fully finished, whether literally or just neatened off. Those little touches that make the difference. Annoying as you would hope that they would learn how important that it is over the course of the competition, 8 weeks.

I think the winner was worthy in the end. He has been consistent throughout the show and his was the best island last night. Very impressive structure. Overall, I think Wolfgang gave the best pieces across the series but too often he over stretched himself and didn't finish well. He could give a 9/10 piece or a 6/10. Nathaniel was consistently 7-8/10. Jen's piece yesterday was very good. If only she had taken more care about lining some bits up. Probably the most improved over the competition.

All in all, feelgood tv.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Line of Duty
Don't ask me why but my missus and I never watched this. Anyway I saw I could watch it on iPlayer so downloaded the first one to watch and she was hooked. We have binge watched all 6 series in a fortnight.
Fine TV.
Give the Bodyguard a watch if you’ve not seen it.
Only one season.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just binge watched the second series of The Lazarus Project.

Sometimes it is one of those that does not quite ring true plot wise but a good watch

I also have been watching Boat Story.

Very Quentin Tarantinoesque.

Last edited:

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Thoroughly enjoying the final season of The Crown, it has been brilliant from the start. not particularly a royalist but a little interest in history especially as it is mostly within my lifetime and events I can remember.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Enjoying For All Mankind on Apple. Watched a series and a half and it is a nice twist on actual history with Russia winning the space race and the race continuing on from there.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bake Off final

Josh was robbed. There, I've said it. I really liked Matty, cracking bloke, happy character, relatable, very good baker. It isn't a popularity contest though. Josh clearly won rounds 1 and 2. Three wasn't his best but the combination should still have outweighed Matty's leaning tower. Add in Josh's consistency over the series, he was done. Disappointing ending of a very enjoyable series for me.

RichA

Visit site
Bake Off final

Josh was robbed. There, I've said it. I really liked Matty, cracking bloke, happy character, relatable, very good baker. It isn't a popularity contest though. Josh clearly won rounds 1 and 2. Three wasn't his best but the combination should still have outweighed Matty's leaning tower. Add in Josh's consistency over the series, he was done. Disappointing ending of a very enjoyable series for me.
I haven't watched Bake Off for a couple of years. We watched the last half hour of the final last night because Masterchef Pros was particularly tedious.
We couldn't believe how poor the showstoppers were, considering what they used to be like.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't watched Bake Off for a couple of years. We watched the last half hour of the final last night because Masterchef Pros was particularly tedious.
We couldn't believe how poor the showstoppers were, considering what they used to be like.
I think it is a good 2 or 3 series since we have had exceptional contestants. They are very good but that extra level that some series and contestants had hasn't been there for a while.

It's still enjoyable, and part of me likes that the finished bakes are not pristine to the level of professional but I know what you mean.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bake Off final

I actually do not see the point in the first 2 rounds in the final. It is clear every week that the showstopper is what it is judged on and then the other 2 rounds come in to play if it is a tight call for who to send home but they really do not appear to have much significance in the final which is a battle of the showstoppers with the rest just being filler. When you look at it like that, the winner was justified.

I would just have a showstopper round in the final with them having loads of time to produce something stunning and ditch the other bits.