TV Series - What Are You Watching?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems to be some decent programmes on Apple TV - & I keep being offered 6 months free. Anyone know if (or how) I can watch even though I have no Apple products? (ie phones, tablets etc are all Android)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems to be some decent programmes on Apple TV - & I keep being offered 6 months free. Anyone know if (or how) I can watch even though I have no Apple products? (ie phones, tablets etc are all Android)
I've just taken up this offer, no Apple products either. You can watch either through the App on your Sky box, smart tv or cast via your Android phone.

You will need to set up an Apple account, just do it when prompted, and then you just sign in on whatever device you decide to go through. I'm guessing this was via Sky? (mine was and I watch via my Sky Q)

Forget it is Apple, think of it as being like Netflix or Amazon, which is what it is trying to be on this issue. You need an app and an account 👍

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just taken up this offer, no Apple products either. You can watch either through the App on your Sky box, smart tv or cast via your Android phone.

You will need to set up an Apple account, just do it when prompted, and then you just sign in on whatever device you decide to go through. I'm guessing this was via Sky? (mine was and I watch via my Sky Q)

Forget it is Apple, think of it as being like Netflix or Amazon, which is what it is trying to be on this issue. You need an app and an account 👍
Ta.

Offer was from Barclaycard. I'll have to have a look round to see what Apps we have on/with the TV (never really looked before ...) - or on the tablet.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your TV is fairly recent it will have apps on it. That makes things easier. Post again if you are struggling.
TV is quite old so no appropriate Apps on it. After a bit (read, quite a lot) of ar#ing about, have finally managed by getting it on the phone then casting to the tv. Not ideal - but it works.

(Am thinking we probably need a newer TV - bigger screen, better image, better apps etc. Don't think Mrs B will need much persuading ...)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
TV is quite old so no appropriate Apps on it. After a bit (read, quite a lot) of ar#ing about, have finally managed by getting it on the phone then casting to the tv. Not ideal - but it works.

(Am thinking we probably need a newer TV - bigger screen, better image, better apps etc. Don't think Mrs B will need much persuading ...)
We upgraded an 8yr old TV for the world cup. The picture improvement is significant, you will notice it immediately even if your previous TV was good. If you don't watch via a box, sky or virgin, then the apps being built in is also much better.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched an episode of Danny Dyer’s Afraid of the Dark or something - only cos it had Gazza in. Some actual funny bits in it. Bit worried about Chris Eubank’s mental state mind.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Race Across The World.

I've loved the previous series' and Canada is stunning, but I can't help thinking they've made a big mistake with the choice of location. How many times have they got to or from a checkpoint which has only one route, quite often a train which only runs a couple of times a week or a bus or ferry which runs once a day? There is absolutely no advantage in having a lead of 5 or 6 hours (or whatever) if they all have to wait for and get on the same bus or train.

I'm hoping that once they get to the more populated areas, there will then be a load of different options for getting from A to B.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Race Across The World.

I've loved the previous series' and Canada is stunning, but I can't help thinking they've made a big mistake with the choice of location. How many times have they got to or from a checkpoint which has only one route, quite often a train which only runs a couple of times a week or a bus or ferry which runs once a day? There is absolutely no advantage in having a lead of 5 or 6 hours (or whatever) if they all have to wait for and get on the same bus or train.

I'm hoping that once they get to the more populated areas, there will then be a load of different options for getting from A to B.

That's a good point as seems daft they're all on the same bus or train much of the time.

As for the in the dark thing. Surely poor from Channel 4 to include the likes of Gascoigne with his well documented mental health issues. I haven't watched it so maybe it's just a silly jolly but all the same.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's a good point as seems daft they're all on the same bus or train much of the time.

As for the in the dark thing. Surely poor from Channel 4 to include the likes of Gascoigne with his well documented mental health issues. I haven't watched it so maybe it's just a silly jolly but all the same.
I don’t think I’ll be watching any more episodes as one of the contestants clearly had a phobia. To counter that, there was a blind comedian for whom the experience must have been a busman’s holiday.