TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
For me they’re trying to avoid it just being another zombie series like TWD, have it much more story driven rather than fight, chase, fight chase etc.

I can see that but there are a few bits cut from the game that I would have liked to have seen that may have actually enhanced the character relationships as well. Only a minor issue that I cannot discuss more as it will involve spolers) but just something I have felt in a couple of places.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I agree.

There's only so much drama the "infected" can create, I find the stories about how mankind develops in the aftermath far more gripping than just sheer survival against the infection.

They could however make a prequal with a storyline based more around the battle against the infection....

It would be interesting but I suspect that there will be an adaptatioin of the second game next. To be fiar, they have already given the infection more back story than the games did. I always get nervous when TV companies try and write beyond the source material (look at the last season of Game of Thrones)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My only issue, and it is a small one, is that you can potentially see the budget constraints with the limited number of infected appearing throughout

The budget for the series was around $100m. The New Yorker claimed the series budget exceeded each of the first five seasons of Game of Thrones.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've now watched the free first two series of NA. Now they (Prime) want me to pay up for the other series. No! Is it free anywhere?

I'm trying to find Chicago Hope...any ideas?

Where did you find ER?

ER is on Channel 4 catch up thingy. NA is on Sky Witness.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched it last night, brutal but brilliant.

Gutted that next week is the last one. Can't see how they are going to tie it all up in a 45 minute episode.

Depends if you have played the game or not. I pretty much know how they are going to tie it up in a single episode.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haven't played the game. I find it incredible that they have made such a fantastic series based on a video game.

You would be surpised at how many games there are out there with qulity plots wth real emotion and story telling. After this I suspect that there may be a rush to find the next one to put on TV and I can see it Being Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War, though I can also see Gears for War from the Xbox making a decent show.

Enjoy the finale, I really wish I could be going into it with my eyes closed on what happens.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You would be surpised at how many games there are out there with qulity plots wth real emotion and story telling. After this I suspect that there may be a rush to find the next one to put on TV and I can see it Being Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War, though I can also see Gears for War from the Xbox making a decent show.

Enjoy the finale, I really wish I could be going into it with my eyes closed on what happens.

met up with my son yesterday, he's in his late 20s and loves his games. I asked if he had watched the series, he said no, he didn't fancy it as he had tried the game and couldn't get into it. I'm not a gamer at all, but surely it must be a bit of a classic?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
met up with my son yesterday, he's in his late 20s and loves his games. I asked if he had watched the series, he said no, he didn't fancy it as he had tried the game and couldn't get into it. I'm not a gamer at all, but surely it must be a bit of a classic?

It is but different gamers like different things. My nephew is all about playing FIFA, my mate's kids are all about Fortnite and Call of Duty. None of those are really me, I am more into games like the Last of Us

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The game is a stone cold classic, I really want to play it again once the series has finished but I’m waiting for the remake to come down in price first.

I am thinking the same, of maybe a release on PS Plus. I have the PS4 remake and the DLC. Not actually played part 2 as was more into Xbox at the time that was released so may pick that up cheap to play on my PS5.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am thinking the same, of maybe a release on PS Plus. I have the PS4 remake and the DLC. Not actually played part 2 as was more into Xbox at the time that was released so may pick that up cheap to play on my PS5.

I was the same, only came back to PS when the PS5 was released. TLOU2 is amazing, absolutely epic game and 100% worth playing. I still have nightmares about trying to avoid those damn sniffer dogs 😱