TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D-S

Visit site
Have to say I’m getting a bit bored with 1923. Taking way too long for our lad in Africa to get home. I get it took a long time in the old days, but they could speed it up a bit in the TV replay and jump a few days/ months/ years 😇. At the rate they’re going, it’s gonna be season 4 before he kicks off…..

Also losing interest in Yellowstone a bit due to mid season break…… have forgotten what this season was about. 🤔
I thought 1883 was excellent (apparently there will be a second season but I assume it will be focussing on different storylines), I couldn't believe how good the acting was of two people who are fundamentally Country and Western singers. Simply a great Western.

1923 is good when it's in Montana but the African scenes are annoying, poor and of little relevance to the story line. I'd be interested to see a Dutton family tree as still not too certain of the relationship between the 1883 and 1923 characters.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Endeavour. I've really enjoyed it over the years but not enjoying this series. I believe it is going to be the last and it looks as though they are looking to go out with a bang. Instead of sticking with the tried and tested, which we all like, they are rolling over storylines, conspiracy theories etc. A real shame.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I thought 1883 was excellent (apparently there will be a second season but I assume it will be focussing on different storylines), I couldn't believe how good the acting was of two people who are fundamentally Country and Western singers. Simply a great Western.

1923 is good when it's in Montana but the African scenes are annoying, poor and of little relevance to the story line. I'd be interested to see a Dutton family tree as still not too certain of the relationship between the 1883 and 1923 characters.

I think 1883 is the best of the three linked series. Spencer Dutton in 1923 is the younger brother of Elsa Dutton from 1883. Jacob Dutton in 1923 (Harrison Ford) is the brother of James Dutton from 1883 (Tim McGraw). Costner in Yellowstone is the great grandson of James Dutton and grandson of John Dutton Snr who was killed in the 1923 by Jerome Flynn in the ambush. John Dutton Snr was brother to Elsa and Spencer..... think that just about links it all together

Reactions: D-S

D-S

Visit site
I think 1883 is the best of the three linked series. Spencer Dutton in 1923 is the younger brother of Elsa Dutton from 1883. Jacob Dutton in 1923 (Harrison Ford) is the brother of James Dutton from 1883 (Tim McGraw). Costner in Yellowstone is the great grandson of James Dutton and grandson of John Dutton Snr who was killed in the 1923 by Jerome Flynn in the ambush. John Dutton Snr was brother to Elsa and Spencer..... think that just about links it all together
So the young boy in 1883 (Faith Hill's son) was John Dutton SNR who was killed in the Ambush. Spencer Dutton wasn't in 1883 as he wasn't born by then - does that sound right?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I was disappointed with episode 7. I kinda got the point but felt it laboured if for too long. I’ll watch episode 8 tonight but if it’s another bore fest I’ll bin it.

Im surprised at this, I just watched the latest episode and really enjoyed it.
Looking forward to watching the last episode next week 😎

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just flicking through the Sky box and it’s started recording a brand new season of Unforgotten….. sky has some initiative, had no idea they’d carried on. Looking forward to watching it

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My only issue, and it is a small one, is that you can potentially see the budget constraints with the limited number of infected appearing throughout

For me they’re trying to avoid it just being another zombie series like TWD, have it much more story driven rather than fight, chase, fight chase etc.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finished the last episode of New Amsterdam :cry:

Starting ER from the beginning - it's aged pretty well (y)

I've now watched the free first two series of NA. Now they (Prime) want me to pay up for the other series. No! Is it free anywhere?

I'm trying to find Chicago Hope...any ideas?

Where did you find ER?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
For me they’re trying to avoid it just being another zombie series like TWD, have it much more story driven rather than fight, chase, fight chase etc.

Yeah I agree.

There's only so much drama the "infected" can create, I find the stories about how mankind develops in the aftermath far more gripping than just sheer survival against the infection.

They could however make a prequal with a storyline based more around the battle against the infection....