TV Series - What Are You Watching?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been watching (re-watching really)

Edge of Darkness BBC 4

Made in the 80s . It still stands the test of time as one of the really good political/police thrillers.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just finished The Gold about the Brinks Mat robbery. Great acting, well made but not sure of the ‘lovable rogue’ portrayal of some of the villains who subsequently proved to be anything but.

It's funny how the same thing can appear on two different channels at roughly the same time. I watched the documentary about it (Channel 4 or 5 a few weeks ago) so decided not to watch the drama series.

D-S

Visit site
Just discovered that the two leads in 1883 are played by two of the best selling music artists of all time who are also married to each other, their portrayal of their characters are inspiring and moving - I assumed that they were really good actors.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Did anyone catch "The Piano" last night.
A good variety of pianists but the absolute star of the show was the young blind girl!
Astounding is all I can say!!
There was quite a lot of dust in my eye when she was playing - it was the faces of Mika & Lang Lang, as they just sat there open mouthed (Mika in particular finds it difficut not to talk)

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only 8 days until season 3 of The Mandalorian.
I'm trying to decide to watch it or not - I found that I watched the first 2 seasons without actually deciding whether I was actually enjoying it or did I watch it because everyone raved about it.
I really enjoyed Kenobi & Andor but didn't really mesh with the Mandalorian.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to decide to watch it or not - I found that I watched the first 2 seasons without actually deciding whether I was actually enjoying it or did I watch it because everyone raved about it.
I really enjoyed Kenobi & Andor but didn't really mesh with the Mandalorian.

I liked the Mandolorian a lot but it was not as good as Andor which was superb. Kenobi was OK, Book of Boba Fett just a filler and was at its best when it was The Mandolorian season 2.5.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
There was quite a lot of dust in my eye when she was playing - it was the faces of Mika & Lang Lang, as they just sat there open mouthed (Mika in particular finds it difficut not to talk)
I get a bit annoyed when they keep talking, I want to hear more of them playing. But you're right, Mika was speechless! Great tv! 👍

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I liked the Mandolorian a lot but it was not as good as Andor which was superb. Kenobi was OK, Book of Boba Fett just a filler and was at its best when it was The Mandolorian season 2.5.
I hadn't heard great things about Boba Fett (& that was from people that loved the Mandalorian), so haven't even started it tbh. I will have to decide whether to watch S3

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hadn't heard great things about Boba Fett (& that was from people that loved the Mandalorian), so haven't even started it tbh. I will have to decide whether to watch S3

The best element of the Book of Boba Fett was that it used a couple of episodes to put all of the pieves in place for season 3 of the Mandalorian so it can hit the ground running.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
TLOU last night, another good episode with a really strong ending. I’m guessing this was the story that’s included as an expansion in the remastered game?

It was great, but for the first time I sat there and thought... probably more than just a surface flesh wound stitch needed :ROFLMAO: