TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
No spoilers - shed a tear at Pottery Throwdown this week :cry:
Got a few eps to catch up on...

Meanwhile - never mind TGPTD, TLoU, Happy Valley and of course LI, I've also started The House of Dragons as its also been on my 'to watch' list for ages and soI think I'll binge it before my Mrs comes home Thursday. And I've got to fit golf in amongst all of that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No spoilers - shed a tear at Pottery Throwdown this week :cry:
It's another great series isn't it? Just genuinely nice people doing something for fun. Absolutely no dog eats dog there. Even the judges are wanting them to do well rather than looking for failure as a starting point.

I don't think the presenter quite works though. Last season she broke her leg / ankle and I preferred the lady who stood in for her.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's another great series isn't it? Just genuinely nice people doing something for fun. Absolutely no dog eats dog there. Even the judges are wanting them to do well rather than looking for failure as a starting point.

I don't think the presenter quite works though. Last season she broke her leg / ankle and I preferred the lady who stood in for her.

Totally agree, this and the Sewing Bee are the only 2 series that have stuck to the plan of letting viewers get to know the participants and then focusing on praise and encouragement and looking for the positive. Bake Off has become almost a parody of itself with contestants set up to fail with the winner being the one who fails least whereas Masterchef, which I used to love, if just a constant churn of people who you never get to know or care about with you only seeing any real insight into them in the last week. They have both forgotten that the contestants are the focus and what people want to see. An over focus on the technique, the judges and an emphasis on showing failure has become the downfall of all the others.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Then once I've watched, I'll play the remastered game on PS5 (well, the PS4 version!)

Have you played through the game before. Only ask as it may be hard to dodge spoilers for the plot for another 4 weeks. Whilst I am loving the series, I know what will happen whereas my wife is enjoying it on a whole other level as everything is a surprise to her.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you played through the game before. Only ask as it may be hard to dodge spoilers for the plot for another 4 weeks. Whilst I am loving the series, I know what will happen whereas my wife is enjoying it on a whole other level as everything is a surprise to her.

Nope never played the game

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really enjoying Happy Valley S1. Sarah Lancashire and Siobhan Finneran - wow - both just superb.

And had a taster of Rings of Power last night. Looks good.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Just started watching House M. D. Can't believe this totally passed me by. Can't believe how long ago it first came out, enjoying it so far.
Also just finished first season of Big Little Lies, very watchable.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
House was like so many great shows, superb until the last series or 2 and then it went off the rails.

Credit to Hugh Lawrie that some people had difficulty believing he was not American.