TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The zombies (not really zombies, fungus based not reanimated dead) are more of a plot device than a focus of the series. Worth at least giving the first couple a go and see if it floats your boat.
Last night I pulled up a Sony recording on YouTube of a full PS4 game session…the 1st episode of the TV series follows the game almost identically, and weirdly the main characters in the TV version are almost identical looking to the original game characters.

I only watched so far, maybe 15mins in. I’m guessing that first 15mins or so might be the part most closely copied for TV as it’s mostly scene setting before game play sets in…though having never played the game I don’t know how much the game follows a predetermined story line (I’m guessing it does with the game play being around following that storyline), and that would be the same storyline for the TV series. So no further for me watching the game session.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last night I pulled up a Sony recording on YouTube of a full PS4 game session…the 1st episode of the TV series follows the game almost identically, and weirdly the main characters in the TV version are almost identical looking to the original game characters.

I only watched so far, maybe 15mins in. I’m guessing that first 15mins or so might be the part most closely copied for TV as it’s mostly scene setting before game play sets in…though having never played the game I don’t know how much the game follows a predetermined story line (I’m guessing it does with the game play being around following that storyline), and that would be the same storyline for the TV series. So no further for me watching the game session.

Ironically uncharted would have made a better series than a film but they picked the last of us (from the same company) as the series

Shame, series are so much better done these days as has been found with star wars stuff and Marvel recently

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just discovered they have released season 9 and 10 of "The Curse of Oak Island" - well that's my solo watching for a little while sorted!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've always found her weirdly monologue style of talking a wee bit irritating but I've done her a disservice (without being grammar police...Lancashire).
I have to agree Amanda she does tend to mumble somewhat which can make it difficult to follow unless you really focus or use subtitles. Great drama though.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are told this the last series. Will it be a happy ending in the valley? Will Tommy survive or be killed by another nutter?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just finished S1 of True Detective, found up it to be excellent. Are S2and3 as good? Worth watching?

S2 not as good, but OK. S3 I thought was better than 2 by a long shot, but neither of them as good as 1. All three are stand alone seasons, you can have a look at 2, if you don’t like it, just move on to 3.

Reactions: D-S

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
No LI tonight so going to do a catch-up on The Apprentice. As I’m reading Tolstoy at the moment I feel I’m allowed to watch some nonsense (some might say rubbish - see if I care) TV.