TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's the same schtick though and the world has moved on in those 10-15 years. I watched a few episodes and then dropped it. There were some good moments but it looked a very tired format, a bit one trick pony.
Shame as I normally like Keegan Michael Key, but he couldn't save this one.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
McDonald & Dodds. Series 3 now on itv player. Brilliant series and Jason Watkins is superb. A great cross between Morse Colombo and Detectorists. Delightful!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finished The Boys series 3 the other night.
Found it a bit of a disappointing end to be honest. Never really got the big Soldier Boy Homelander battle as it became Maeve v Homey instead, and Butcher just flipped and started battling SB instead, along with the other members of the Boys. So they had their chance to finally rid the world of Homelander and just waved it goodbye in an instant really. We also lost Black Noir which I was gutted about, he was such an intriguing character. With SB back on ice I guess series 4 will just be back to the same old 'how do we beat Homelander' stuff. They've sort of painted themselves into a corner with that, because either they keep losing or they win and the show basically ends.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished The Boys series 3 the other night.
Found it a bit of a disappointing end to be honest. Never really got the big Soldier Boy Homelander battle as it became Maeve v Homey instead, and Butcher just flipped and started battling SB instead, along with the other members of the Boys. So they had their chance to finally rid the world of Homelander and just waved it goodbye in an instant really. We also lost Black Noir which I was gutted about, he was such an intriguing character. With SB back on ice I guess series 4 will just be back to the same old 'how do we beat Homelander' stuff. They've sort of painted themselves into a corner with that, because either they keep losing or they win and the show basically ends.

Not quite, the comics ran withouth Homelander but there is quite a dgree of deviation now. I am guessing we are going to see Homelander as President and an even bigger play on the Trump metaphor.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not quite, the comics ran withouth Homelander but there is quite a dgree of deviation now. I am guessing we are going to see Homelander as President and an even bigger play on the Trump metaphor.
I'm torn because he is such an amazing villain that I don't really want him to lose either, in a way. I was hoping he would lose to SB and lose his powers, but that would turn out to temporary and he'd go into hiding while slowly regaining them.
But now he's got his son back I guess we'll have the side angle of him raising an evil mini-Homelander as well.

Springveldt

Visit site
Recently finished The Terminal List on Amazon. Quite enjoyed it.

Finally getting around to watching Season 4 of Strange Things, why are all the episode so long? Just got the final 2 to go. I'm enjoying it so far but I've never been a massive Stranger Things fan.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trom on BBC4. Nordic drama set in the Faroe Islands with Ulrich Thomsen (Kai in Banshee) about investigative journalists. All the death and cold looking landscapes you would expect.