TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Better Call Saul day. I’m delirious about it and just wishing away the hours so we can watch the next episode tonight.

+1 for Russian Doll S2 being rubbish club. I’m up to episode 5 and might not bother with the rest. I really enjoyed the first season too.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also finished this. I got a bit lost in this season to be honest, Didn't realize it had finished and not sure what happened in the end...... It wasn't as good as the first season, and I found it difficult to concentrate in the last 3 episodes. Going to watch the last one again to see what I missed.

The missus and I were perplexed from the start, even after watching the season 1 recap.
*spoiler*
We didn’t even remember that they no longer died after day 1, totally bizarre and the time travel was just odd.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the first episode of the last series of Brooklyn 99, and it was awful! I love B99 but this was the worst episode they've ever written. I remember them saying they had torn up the script and re-written it to try and capture the real life issues surrounding the police at the time (and Covid as it turned out), but it ended up being way too on-the-nose and was excruciating at times. They should have just ignored real life issues and get on with the actual comedy.

That said, episode two was pretty much back to normal thankfully. (y)

Watching it now.. really don't think it's that bad

Every successful show A has weaker eposides and B like to take on real life situations

Bit like scrubs (Dr cox was a nice addition) but they had a few hard hitting moments that took you out the comedy

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix. Not bad, have always liked Rupert Friend, he was the best character in Homeland.

Surprised no one’s mentioned Ozark! Final 7 episodes dropped on Netflix Friday evening.

Tried to watch the first last night but fell asleep after driving 6.5 hours back from Loch Lomond. Will have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up again.

Not got to it yet, but Ten Percent just released on Prime. It’s the English version of Call my Agent. Thoroughly enjoyed the original French version so will give it a try.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just started watching queen of the south, it’s a bit slow to get going and has only a couple more episodes before it gets shelved if it doesn’t pick up.

Loved killing eve but again the latest series seems very slow off the mark.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just started watching queen of the south, it’s a bit slow to get going and has only a couple more episodes before it gets shelved if it doesn’t pick up.

Loved killing eve but again the latest series seems very slow off the mark.
I got bored with QOTS,poor man’s narcos imo.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The Rising on SKY. Premise just made me think of The Crow, episode one seems to confirm the similarity.

Edit: have watched a couple of episodes now, essentially it's the Crow reimagined, it's not too bad either, quite enjoying so far.

Last edited: