TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganman1

Visit site
What's people's thoughts on Biden?
I'm not convinced he's the real deal myself, there's something about him I just can't warm to, can't quite put my finger on it.
I've always liked Biden. He's certainly not perfect, but he's a decent and honest man. He won't be a perfect president either. The US is deeply divided right now and that won't end if he's elected, but I think it's a step in the right direction.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Being fairly "tuned in" on the political climate over here in the colonies, my wife and I have come to two conclusions. Number one is most of this president's supporters are rich, racist or both. The second is while not all Trump supporters are racist; all racists are Trump supporters. We still have not figured out why the evangelicals support him if they don't fall into one or both of these categories. Our guess is the abortion issue. Anyway we pray every day that the poles are correct in that anywhere from 60% to 70% of voters DO NOT want him re-elected.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've always liked Biden. He's certainly not perfect, but he's a decent and honest man. He won't be a perfect president either. The US is deeply divided right now and that won't end if he's elected, but I think it's a step in the right direction.
Who is the rising star of the Democrats? Who is there we should be keeping an eye out for next time around? Clearly Kamala Harris has a chance to stake a claim but is there another who will be better placed next time and found this election too early for them?

The above is an assumption that Biden will not go two terms if he wins or, shudders, Trump wins again.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Who is the rising star of the Democrats? Who is there we should be keeping an eye out for next time around? Clearly Kamala Harris has a chance to stake a claim but is there another who will be better placed next time and found this election too early for them?

The above is an assumption that Biden will not go two terms if he wins or, shudders, Trump wins again.
I liked what I heard of and from Pete Buttigieg. Whether the current US electorate is ready for him I doubt...

Hoganman1

Visit site
I like Pete too. I also think Andrew Yang has a future in the party as do Beto O'Rourke and Corey Booker. On the female side Kamala is the strongest followed by Keisha Lance Bottoms, Stacy Abrams and I think Amy Klobuchar still has a shot. There are probably others I have failed to mention.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I like Pete too. I also think Andrew Yang has a future in the party as do Beto O'Rourke and Corey Booker. On the female side Kamala is the strongest followed by Keisha Lance Bottoms, Stacy Abrams and I think Amy Klobuchar still has a shot. There are probably others I have failed to mention.
AOC? Now she seems one smart cookie - however...

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Of the few things that still seperates the UK elections from the US ones is the amount of personal mudslinging that goes on... Now we have Michael Cohen's new advt ... all gloves are off

Unfortunately, it does seem that UK elections is also going down to personality politics with the discrediting of Corbyn + Abbott. T-May cast aside, Gove the fox, BoJo the loveable clown etc.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Scary - Trump continues to tell all that the only way that he will lose in November is if the election is 'rigged' and 'stolen' by the Dems. Many are listening - too many choose to believe him - and so that's lining things up nicely for 'fireworks night' chaos...

Hoganman1

Visit site
Yes. He's pulling out all the tricks in his bag. My only hope is there are people who are intelligent enough to see through these tactics. We're seeing more and more respectable Republicans coming out to defend against his attacks on our institutions. However, his followers seem determine to ignore the warnings. I'm beginning to think it's not preposterous to see some similarities between now and what happened in Germany in the late 1930s.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes. He's pulling out all the tricks in his bag. My only hope is there are people who are intelligent enough to see through these tactics. We're seeing more and more respectable Republicans coming out to defend against his attacks on our institutions. However, his followers seem determine to ignore the warnings. I'm beginning to think it's not preposterous to see some similarities between now and what happened in Germany in the late 1930s.
Indeed - comparisons with the events and political situation prior to the burning down of the Reichstag that would be considered totally ludicrous exaggeration can be read with interest with two months to go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Scary - Trump continues to tell all that the only way that he will lose in November is if the election is 'rigged' and 'stolen' by the Dems. Many are listening - too many choose to believe him - and so that's lining things up nicely for 'fireworks night' chaos...

This is now part of the standard playbook for polititicans of all colour and hues - Project Fear. Us-v-Them..

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And didn't Donald Trump Jnr's. eyes look weird when he was doing his bit...

The TV figures for last night - 3m fewer watching the GoP launch than Team Biden got last week. Oooh the consternation. Of course it'll all be lies and fake news by the commie left.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Guilfoyle was manic; to go with Donald Trump Jnrs 'zonked' look. Matt Gates claims and assertions about what would happen under the Dems were absurd - as if a Dem president would be something new and that the Dems haven't previously been in charge of Congress. Him seeming to ignore of course that much of what he claimed would happen - already has - under Trump.

But then we had Melania Trump actually talking some sense...apparently her speech was not run past PotUS or his team - and so we heard some consideration and empathy very sadly lacking from the PotUS or his acolytes - and indeed some things in contradiction to a lot of what PotUS has said over the last months and indeed years. At least we know she can't be president.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Guilfoyle was manic; to go with Donald Trump Jnrs 'zonked' look. Matt Gates claims and assertions about what would happen under the Dems were absurd - as if a Dem president would be something new and that the Dems haven't previously been in charge of Congress. Him seeming to ignore of course that much of what he claimed would happen - already has - under Trump.

But then we had Melania Trump actually talking some sense...apparently her speech was not run past PotUS or his team - and so we heard some consideration and empathy very sadly lacking from the PotUS or his acolytes - and indeed some things in contradiction to a lot of what PotUS has said over the last months and indeed years. At least we know she can't be president.

I would love to see that birth certificate :)

Mandofred

Visit site
I'd like to think there was no way Trump could get elected again.....but that's what I thought the first time. I'm hoping that his track record since being elected is bad enough to switch those voters who were hoping he would be a breath of fresh political air. They got a change, and if he had actually been a successful businessman I may have been willing to give him a chance myself. But he has always seemed bonkers to me......

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd like to think there was no way Trump could get elected again.....but that's what I thought the first time. I'm hoping that his track record since being elected is bad enough to switch those voters who were hoping he would be a breath of fresh political air. They got a change, and if he had actually been a successful businessman I may have been willing to give him a chance myself. But he has always seemed bonkers to me......

wasnt there a young guy who said he would walk over broken glasses to vote Trump... pretty much sums up his supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.