Trump Aberdeen membership

Cols_Ears

Hacker
Visit site
I think if the local economy hadn't taken a massive nose dive due to the oil price then he may well have pushed ahead with the housing plans, but there are housebuilders currently in Aberdeen with vast numbers of houses they can't shift, so starting a new development that far out of town isn't likely to make financial sense at the current time.

Aberdeen has also gone from having a shortage of hotel rooms 10 years ago to a massive excess after the development of a heap of hotels in the recent past on top of the downturn.

The local council seem to be blind to the effect the oil price was going to have on the economy and went ahead with planning permission for lots of housing developments which are not needed and it could now be argued are a detriment to the local economy (well certainly my personal economy!)

D

Deleted member 17920

I join a golf course for its facilities and how good the course is. If I want a beer with mates and the like I'll go to the pub and chew the fat. Each to their own, if you prefer it more sociable then that is your prerogative. Trump Aberdeen is up there with the best courses I have played, the experience, welcome and attention to detail is simply top class.

have to say I totally agree, the practise facilities are incredible and I just love the course, played it 3 times and I could go back tomorrow and play it again.

I see they are doing a deal for March for £95 each for a round.

Good value if you get a decent day.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think if the local economy hadn't taken a massive nose dive due to the oil price then he may well have pushed ahead with the housing plans, but there are housebuilders currently in Aberdeen with vast numbers of houses they can't shift, so starting a new development that far out of town isn't likely to make financial sense at the current time.

Aberdeen has also gone from having a shortage of hotel rooms 10 years ago to a massive excess after the development of a heap of hotels in the recent past on top of the downturn.

The local council seem to be blind to the effect the oil price was going to have on the economy and went ahead with planning permission for lots of housing developments which are not needed and it could now be argued are a detriment to the local economy (well certainly my personal economy!)

yep about 10 years ago i did some work for Visit Scotland and need to spend a week in Aberdeen, could not get a room at all and had to stay well out of town. Going to see Morrissey this month and had no problems getting a room right in the center