Trolleys on Tees

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It's partly laziness and - IMO - a manifestation of the ever more pervading attitude that finds the individual thinking that when he has paid his money, he should be able to do whatever he sees as reasonable. With little of no consideration of what is laid down and asked of him, or what others might think. You need my money - I get to do what I want or you don't get my money again - and btw I'll diss you on social media...

That is a rather sexist post! Plenty of "she" golfers where I play with trolleys. They also pay the same fees and are entitled to wheel trolleys over tees if they so desire!

:ears:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Because I think it’s not a valid reason certainly not to the extent you claim and certainly not on any course I have played but I’m sure you will let me know any course where it takes a minute to walk around a tee and it doesn’t negate the clear damage that could appear on the tee with the “extra not required traffic” - spoke to our head greenkeeper this morning who had worked at all types of courses and thought it would be mad any course would allow trolleys on the tees regardless of how firm the ground is - but what does he know.

But I know some Links courses allow it to happen but I still it’s down to laziness that people are permanently attached to their trolley and can’t have it more than 5 yards from them if that

I could name tonnes of links courses where the tees are in excess of 30 yards wide where you come to it side on and the path runs around the back to the far side. People carrying can walk 3 yards and dump their bags but people with trolleys have to walk up to 50 yards to get back to the tee markers then again another 20 yards to their bag whilst those carrying pick and walk off. Now, I'm no mathematician but I'd bet 70 or so yards is taking more than 30 seconds to walk for many (not all).

I'm not advocating this is a reason for lengthy rounds I'm merely stating that in some cases rounds can be reduced time wise by allowing trolleys onto tees where it's causing no damage to the golf course (links courses in the summer are a perfect example)

As I said originally I don't expect you to agree and to be honest I don't really care if you do or not. It's my opinion and I stand by it.

D

Deleted member 15344

I could name tonnes of links courses where the tees are in excess of 30 yards wide where you come to it side on and the path runs around the back to the far side. People carrying can walk 3 yards and dump their bags but people with trolleys have to walk up to 50 yards to get back to the tee markers then again another 20 yards to their bag whilst those carrying pick and walk off. Now, I'm no mathematician but I'd bet 70 or so yards is taking more than 30 seconds to walk for many (not all).

I'm not advocating this is a reason for lengthy rounds I'm merely stating that in some cases rounds can be reduced time wise by allowing trolleys onto tees where it's causing no damage to the golf course (links courses in the summer are a perfect example)

As I said originally I don't expect you to agree and to be honest I don't really care if you do or not. It's my opinion and I stand by it.

The time saved or wasted etc is prob something that can’t be proven either way but the highlighted part - if it’s one or two then I expect there will be no damage but a days worth of trolleys going onto a tee will do something to the tee especially when you have a busy day and most trolleys follow the same path - see it on the grass paths where there is a concentration of trolley movement and it will happen on the tees - even on a Links course in the summer ( as I saw at Littlestone when I played there in August and they had trolleys on the tee

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I’d never take my trolley over a tee box, it just doesn’t seem right, you’d never take it on the Green,
The Tee is a specially prepared area it deserves the same respect as the Greens in my view.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We have links courses around Kent where some of the off the green pathways take you onto the next tee box. Phil mentioned Littlestone but I'm pretty sure Royal St George's has a couple as well. It's very difficult NOT to take a trolley on the tee when the path takes you there

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’d never take my trolley over a tee box, it just doesn’t seem right, you’d never take it on the Green,
The Tee is a specially prepared area it deserves the same respect as the Greens in my view.

This.
And why would you need to?
Just select your club & walk onto the tee with it.
Simples

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree with Chris, I take my zapper to the pegs, get my distance then choose my club dependant on that distance given, I need to walk back to my bag to get my club, but I still don't take my trolley on the tee.

Good for you Cabby, a true saint 😊

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I agree with Chris, I take my zapper to the pegs, get my distance then choose my club dependant on that distance given, I need to walk back to my bag to get my club, but I still don't take my trolley on the tee.

In the senario that Chris gives I also agree with him

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That is a rather sexist post! Plenty of "she" golfers where I play with trolleys. They also pay the same fees and are entitled to wheel trolleys over tees if they so desire!

:ears:

I sometimes use the gender neutral 'they' in this sort of post - but '...when they have paid their money, they should be able to do whatever they see as reasonable' - but in this context it is ambiguous as I am only really referring to any individual - though in fact in the discussion it can equally apply to more than one player. ;)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I generally have a rough idea (from the card) and take 2-3 clubs to the tee and the GPS/laser, it saves the walking backward and forwards.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me it's about following the clubs rules and having respect for the club, its course and the fellow members and players.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
For me it's about following the clubs rules and having respect for the club, its course and the fellow members and players.

Which is true - but clubs rarely state 'no trolleys on tees'. Lack of such expressed wish does not give carte blanche for carting trolleys onto tees. And as far as needing to go onto the tee to get an accurate GPS measurement from precise location of tee markers on the teeing ground....?