Trolleys on Tees

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Which is true - but clubs rarely state 'no trolleys on tees'. Lack of such expressed wish does not give carte blanche for carting trolleys onto tees. And as far as needing to go onto the tee to get an accurate GPS measurement from precise location of tee markers on the teeing ground....?

We are currently re-writing a lot of our company policies to try to cover these types of things, ie the obvious to some is not obvious to others. For example I doubt no golf club has a sign up saying "no relieving yourself on the tee area". It should be obvious, yes? But if someone does it can they be condemned as there was no sign up saying they could not do it? See where I am going with this? It is daft but it is the way of modern society.

I've taken more notice of teeing areas since this thread started and I am still yet to see one where it is necessary to put your trolley on it or drive over it. I have also yet to see anyone do anything but leave their trolley to the side of the teeing area. Other than huge links tees it really is not necessary.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are currently re-writing a lot of our company policies to try to cover these types of things, ie the obvious to some is not obvious to others. For example I doubt no golf club has a sign up saying "no relieving yourself on the tee area". It should be obvious, yes? But if someone does it can they be condemned as there was no sign up saying they could not do it? See where I am going with this? It is daft but it is the way of modern society.

I've taken more notice of teeing areas since this thread started and I am still yet to see one where it is necessary to put your trolley on it or drive over it. I have also yet to see anyone do anything but leave their trolley to the side of the teeing area. Other than huge links tees it really is not necessary.

Yup - that's how it is. If it doesn't say DON'T then that means you CAN if YOU want to. :)

D

Deleted member 15717

Holy thread resurrection...

Just thought I would pop these pictures in, and back well away...

Teebox2.jpg

Teebox 1.jpg