Tour Caddy Experience - Thoughts

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can see the merits, perhaps even as a present, irrespective of the handicap. Would it help lower handicappers more? I'm not sure as they are already competent and so course management issues should be minimal. The issue with higher handicappers of course, is that even with the best advice in the world, there is a real risk that the shot still won't come off. I admire the concept though and hope Howeller's caddy (if he's the driving force) has success with it

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The issue with higher handicappers of course, is that even with the best advice in the world, there is a real risk that the shot still won't come off.

That's the whole point, pick the best shot bearing in mind the risks of it not going exactly to plan. Surely even more reason for the higher hc's to plan better?

If nobody ever hit a bad shot we'd all be firing at sucker pins and making birdies like they're going out of fashion.

Visit site
Hi Guys
I am Davids caddie and it me that has started this business, be great to hear your thoughts. We now have 8 caddies registered all over the UK with more ready to add to the website so we are more than happy to travel to your home courses. Look forward to hearing from you all
steve (bro)

golfcitydweller

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i suppose if you approached your club champion or one of your clubs better players and asked if they`d walk round with you and offer some advice on course management etc most would gadly give a few hours of there time to help out .

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Guys
I am Davids caddie and it me that has started this business, be great to hear your thoughts. We now have 8 caddies registered all over the UK with more ready to add to the website so we are more than happy to travel to your home courses. Look forward to hearing from you all
steve (bro)

Hi mate, we spoke before but Nottingham was just a little far away. I think it's great what your doing.

Im intrigued that the prices seem to have jumped up quite a bit since it was just yourself?

Visit site
Hi mate, we spoke before but Nottingham was just a little far away. I think it's great what your doing.

Im intrigued that the prices seem to have jumped up quite a bit since it was just yourself?

Yeah the prices have gone up, when I first started this around 6 weeks ago it was just a trial to see if it was something the everyday golfer would be interested in, and sure enough it was so I spoke to other European tour caddies to see if they wanted to be involved and as you can see by the website there been a nice response from the caddies plus a lot of time and hard work with me setting this all up. The way we priced it was the average golf lesson was £40-£50 an hr so for us to be out on the course for 2.5-3hrs for 9 holes we thought £120 was fair, we also send a report in the post of how we feel you can improve. Hope this clears things up

Bro

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm wondering what the club Pro's reaction to this would be as, effectively his domain is being invaded and potential earnings are being taken. I know my club has banned a Pro who was suspected of doing a few playing lessons on our course?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah the prices have gone up, when I first started this around 6 weeks ago it was just a trial to see if it was something the everyday golfer would be interested in, and sure enough it was so I spoke to other European tour caddies to see if they wanted to be involved and as you can see by the website there been a nice response from the caddies plus a lot of time and hard work with me setting this all up. The way we priced it was the average golf lesson was £40-£50 an hr so for us to be out on the course for 2.5-3hrs for 9 holes we thought £120 was fair, we also send a report in the post of how we feel you can improve. Hope this clears things up

Bro
I think it's a great idea and hope it goes well for you. In my opinion I think it's a reasonable price but may price people out slightly.

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm wondering what the club Pro's reaction to this would be as, effectively his domain is being invaded and potential earnings are being taken. I know my club has banned a Pro who was suspected of doing a few playing lessons on our course?

Good point indeed, i would think the local pro would be slightly miffed that he was being ignored to say the least, interested to see the response to this one. I would imagine the experience being available would bring in more green fees, maybe this is how it works as a win win

Got to imagine there will be many great tour tales to be had too

New slogan

Think like a pro and drink like a pro
lol

Last edited:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good point indeed, i would think the local pro would be slightly miffed that he was being ignored to say the least, interested to see the response to this one. I would imagine the experience being available would bring in more green fees, maybe this is how it works as a win win

Got to imagine there will be many great tour tales to be had too

New slogan

Think like a pro and drink like a pro
lol

Green fees being another expense (something you don't pay in addition for a playing lesson with a pro).

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Green fees being another expense (something you don't pay in addition for a playing lesson with a pro).

Yes but this might be why the courses are ok with this operating, personally i would love to have a round with input from one of these guys

Was just on their site and making a comparison between these guys and a low handicapper really there is none, your local 5 handicapper aint wearing a Ryder cup bib and nor has he tested the wind in Amen corner, i would bet too that most of the caddies are also good golfers.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I will be honest. I am not good enough to benefit from this help. I literally
can't hit a green from 160yards never mind pick what side of the hole I want to come in from.

I may try, and on a good shot I will get the shape but picking a 15/20 yard area, it will not happen every time like a tour pro.

He would be wasted on me.

He would come into in his own the greens. No doubt. Simple as that.

Visit site
Hi chris
We are not pros and are not teaching you how to hit the ball, that is the pros job! Our job is to help you think your way around the golf course better and managing your shots etc
I have had 3 pros that have been in touch asking for a poster so they can advertise the Caddy Experience and my local club where I am based support it too so just to clarify we are not pros and would dream of trying to help your swing.
Cheers

Visit site
It's all about how good your bad shots are not how good your good shots are and what we try and do is help you think better which ultimately brings less risk into your game!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi chris
We are not pros and are not teaching you how to hit the ball, that is the pros job! Our job is to help you think your way around the golf course better and managing your shots etc
I have had 3 pros that have been in touch asking for a poster so they can advertise the Caddy Experience and my local club where I am based support it too so just to clarify we are not pros and would dream of trying to help your swing.
Cheers

I'm not against your set up at all, in fact I'd love to do it, but I'm fairly sure my pro wouldn't see it that way. He does a playing lesson where he will talk about game management, course planning etc etc and I'm sure that my club wouldn't allow such scheme on the course but as I say - I personally would love to do it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We could always accommodate you somewhere else! What's the name of your golf club?

I wouldn't think it fair to splash the name for all to see but I don't think that every pro at a private club would welcome you. I may be wrong about my place, but they have stopped a pro, thought to be giving a playing lessons, to protect the club pro's income.

Visit site
Absolutely, a pro should never step on another pros territory unless welcomed. That's where we differ none of us a pro golfers! Thanks for your comments though, maybe show your pro our website and if he wants to email me I'll welcome any questions.
Thanks again chris