Tour bags??

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
My TaylorMade waterproof stand bag has 3 Broken zips so time for a upgrade and looking at either a waterproof cart bag or a tour bag anyone use a tour bag over a cart bag ?if so they worth the extra money ect

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’ve got a Taylormade tour bag and love it. Wasn’t massively expensive. Only downside is that it isn’t waterproof, so I just got a powakaddy cover for it. Plenty of room in there so no issue having the cover in all the time.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
My TaylorMade waterproof stand bag has 3 Broken zips so time for a upgrade and looking at either a waterproof cart bag or a tour bag anyone use a tour bag over a cart bag ?if so they worth the extra money ect
Tour bags tend not to fit very well on trolleys making 1 or 2 pockets inaccessible and you always get wear Mark's on the sides because they aren't designed for a trolley. I'd go for a cart bag every day of the week personally

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Tour bags tend not to fit very well on trolleys making 1 or 2 pockets inaccessible and you always get wear Mark's on the sides because they aren't designed for a trolley. I'd go for a cart bag every day of the week personally
This is why I’m asking the question ,I see lots using them but are they practical for use with the trolley

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have just bought a Motocaddy M1 trolley because the shape of it allows full access to all the pockets on my tour bag. I prefer the tour bag for 2 reason, first is that I hate 14 club dividers and second is that they all seem to cause bag rub on graphite shafts whereas tour bags tend to have a softer velvety material where the shaft rests. The Powakaddy FX range of trollies also allow good access.
Personal choice but tour bag for me every time.

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
use a full size tour bag on a Trolley for the last 8 year no issues. never had issue with pockets though i do have a wear mark on the bit that touches the bag, pretty much get everything i need in the back for all weather conditions. They are shower proof to an extent, but heavy rain does leak in sometimes.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive also got a titleist 'mid size' bag like the above poster, which is shaped like a tour bag but designed to fit on a trolley. Best bag ive ever had.

Best of both worlds - looks like a tour bag but its not really heavy and the pockets are designed for trolley access.

I think its full name is 'midsize staff cart bag'.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ive also got a titleist 'mid size' bag like the above poster, which is shaped like a tour bag but designed to fit on a trolley. Best bag ive ever had.

Best of both worlds - looks like a tour bag but its not really heavy and the pockets are designed for trolley access.

A lot of these designs about now and I think they're the best compromise. I really love the Titleist version and it's as close as possible to a full blown tour bag and looks the business. The DLX I use is the same sort of design although Ping haven't gone down road of making it a mini version of their tour bag but another functional bag

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i've got a mizuno JPX bag as well, but i pref the full tour bag, you can get much more stuff in it