Toptracers at Driving ranges

Chico84

Visit site
Certainly the one on the A3 provides variable performance. Most recently I’ve found it almost useless for highly lofted pitches. I’m guessing the trajectory is too steep for the radar (is this how it works?) to pick up.

Carry distances don’t seem too far off in my experience but the roll can be optimistic at times, especially compared to a damp British course.

Newnsy

Visit site
pachesham golf centre has just got top tracer installed and we had a session testing it against GCQuad. Top tracer was about 4/5% out with irons carry distance. ball speed was pretty much identical.
Driver was much more erratic sometimes as much as 40-50 yards difference but that might be because of the uphill range

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
pachesham golf centre has just got top tracer installed and we had a session testing it against GCQuad. Top tracer was about 4/5% out with irons carry distance. ball speed was pretty much identical.
Driver was much more erratic sometimes as much as 40-50 yards difference but that might be because of the uphill range
I took my GC2 to a top tracer range and found ball speed and launch identical, but distance out by a fair amounts.

4/5% is a fair amount. That’s more than half a club on most shots.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If I had GC 2 or GC quad I would probably steer clear of any range with Toptracer as you do seem to be paying a premium on the price of a bucket of balls and look for one without it and set up the QC monitor

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just found out my local range has been upgraded over the lockdown and now has toptracer in all bays and new Srixon balls. £10 for 45 mins and unlimited balls which doesn't seem too unreasonable. Got something I want to work on and I know my club distances pretty well so off up there ina bit to see how accurate these things really are.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just found out my local range has been upgraded over the lockdown and now has toptracer in all bays and new Srixon balls. £10 for 45 mins and unlimited balls which doesn't seem too unreasonable. Got something I want to work on and I know my club distances pretty well so off up there ina bit to see how accurate these things really are.

Which range is this Paul? Also, did you have a go on the simulator?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Paultons mate. Seems pretty accurate to me. Was coming out probably between 5-10 yarfs less than my gps app tells me but the wind today could easily account for that. Not been on the sim yet, have you?