Tonights Match: Man City Vs Chelsea

D

Deleted member 15344

Missing Ferdnadino was crucial - he could have had a cracking battle with Matic

They need another DM and CB hence why they were looking for those two from Porto

Add them two plus Chelsea adding a striker the league will be only be down to those two

D

Deleted member 15344

I know a lot of you on here do not like Chelsea and are quick to have a go but as a Chelsea fan it is very refreshing to hear the complimentary comments. Thanks guys.

Credit is due for a impressive display on the pitch :thup:

Bit of a kick in the title race

Pin-seeker

Visit site
City missed Aguero,who IMO is the best striker in the league. & Fernandinho,as Piece says Dimechelis is shocking.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Now you know why we let Mata go, as good a player he is, he wouldn't fit into what Jose is building and what he expects from his players and they all repaid him with that commitment and desire tonight.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Now you know why we let Mata go, as good a player he is, he wouldn't fit into what Jose is building and what he expects from his players and they all repaid him with that commitment and desire tonight.

Credit where it's due, qaulity performance by all.

I honestly think Jose is gutted he couldn't change Mat though, i think Ideally he would have liked to have dropped him deeper (alonso role at madrid). But mata just isn't inclined to to tackle lol.

Still, Jose for all his own attention grabbing knows what he's doing, piled the pressure on city. Then picked the ideal team to face them. City having players missing is no excuse in my book. If you spend the money they have, you can't bemoan luck!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Well played Chelsea.

Solid defence (all over the pitch) with a couple of outstanding performances.

And Jamie Carragher confirmed why I hate the Liverpool (area) accent so much!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Credit where it's due, qaulity performance by all.

I honestly think Jose is gutted he couldn't change Mat though, i think Ideally he would have liked to have dropped him deeper (alonso role at madrid). But mata just isn't inclined to to tackle lol.

Still, Jose for all his own attention grabbing knows what he's doing, piled the pressure on city. Then picked the ideal team to face them. City having players missing is no excuse in my book. If you spend the money they have, you can't bemoan luck!

Thank you, 2 players however big they are shouldn't trouble Man City's squad and what it has cost! We closed them down, we pressurised them all the time, Jamie has just likened Matic & Luiz to Vierra & Petit in their prime, as much as I dislike the gurners, I'll take that as a huge compliment.

Mata wouldn't have kept up with that game tonight!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chelsea should of won by more. City had no answer to it at all.

Never imagined the game going that way at all but thats why we love this game :D

Wide open at the top now, had City won they might of stretched away over the coming weeks.

Great season goes on :whoo:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Thank you, 2 players however big they are shouldn't trouble Man City's squad and what it has cost! We closed them down, we pressurised them all the time, Jamie has just likened Matic & Luiz to Vierra & Petit in their prime, as much as I dislike the gurners, I'll take that as a huge compliment.

Having not watched it i cant disagree, but i'm sure before the seaon is out, there'll be another 0-0 where somebody, Jamie Redknapp most likely. Will inform us that Chelsea miss him!

Think Luiz has to stay in the middle, not a prem CB for my money, but at least it means less game time for Mikel!

D

Deleted member 15344

Very clever from Maureen in his post match comments - takes the pressure right off.

I agree that City still favourites but no reason why Chelsea couldn't sneak it

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Having not watched it i cant disagree, but i'm sure before the seaon is out, there'll be another 0-0 where somebody, Jamie Redknapp most likely. Will inform us that Chelsea miss him!

Think Luiz has to stay in the middle, not a prem CB for my money, but at least it means less game time for Mikel!

Mikel was bought as a replacement for Makele as a holding midfielder and although at times he's done well, he has never been what we needed, Matic has now returned twice the player he was before and so Mikel will be a squad player at best who will come on when we need to run the clock down. I could see him going in the summer along with another as we push for Costa.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Hazard was superb. His hold up play was immense, great body strength, allowed Chelsea to fill up the midfield. I like the fact he holds onto the ball first, and then plays his little flicks. So many players play the ball first time when under pressure so as not to get clattered.

Matic looks a much better player than Mikel, and even Luiz seemed to play with some discipline. Not sure why he takes the free kicks though. His first one was as bad as I have seen, although he did look down at the ground to blame the pitch.;)

Good result for the neutral as the title looks like it is going to go down to the wire.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Mikel was bought as a replacement for Makele as a holding midfielder and although at times he's done well, he has never been what we needed, Matic has now returned twice the player he was before and so Mikel will be a squad player at best who will come on when we need to run the clock down. I could see him going in the summer along with another as we push for Costa.

Agreed, he does have exceptional passing stats though (TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK)! Tbf anybody trying to replace Makele (so good they named a position after him) would stuggle. I'd sell him, as well as any of the other strikes you have to finance Costa, although i doubt very much to ffp will ever actually take off.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Hang on, ok Mata isn't a Mourinho player, but your intimating he wasn't "all that".

He was and is a great player - he may have unlocked the door against west ham the other week? Who knows, he would have been a hero then.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hang on, ok Mata isn't a Mourinho player, but your intimating he wasn't "all that".

He was and is a great player - he may have unlocked the door against west ham the other week? Who knows, he would have been a hero then.

Read #84, he is a great player and has been an excellent servant but he doesn't fit into what Jose is building for next season, he won't track back like every player did tonight, its just not in his make up and OK, that may be alright in some games, but then should you have to omit a player of his standing for big games like tonight because he doesn't have the work rate we saw from everyone tonight, no is the answer so he either plays the way manager expects or you move on, simples :smirk:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Read #84, he is a great player and has been an excellent servant but he doesn't fit into what Jose is building for next season, he won't track back like every player did tonight, its just not in his make up and OK, that may be alright in some games, but then should you have to omit a player of his standing for big games like tonight because he doesn't have the work rate we saw from everyone tonight, no is the answer so he either plays the way manager expects or you move on, simples :smirk:

Fair point well made, and it is a team game, but it come across at first as slightly disparaging to an ex- very good player, now he has left.:thup:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I agree with that entirely, thankfully Saints didn't have a manager that thought like that in the 90's or we'd of been in real trouble. I can remember games where our midfielders were dead on their feet doing the running for Le Tiss :D

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought tonight was brilliant from Chelsea. Only saw second half as had a golf lesson til 8.30 but caught up most at half time. Should have been 3 or 4 and some of the post match analysis from the studio was spot on. City have a good squad, but man for man, Chelsea had a better 16/17 players out there tonight (bench included).

Thought Chelsea's spine was scarily solid and as Carragher pointed out, that four of Matic / Terry / Cahill / Luiz dominated tonight. Also a very interesting point about Hazard / Willian being 'Mourinho players'. Not sure it's fair to slate Mata too much, but to a man, they put in a shift tonight and work their nads off for him.

Do think they are missing that one striker to grab games like the West Ham one by the scruff of their neck, but if they can open teams like City up the way they did tonight, no reason why they can't win the league. Biggest worry is getting the goals in against lesser clubs as City do so well. Don't think it will come down to goal difference, but City are always going to beat those at the bottom of the league (and some at the top) if they put 4+ past them, Chelsea could do with finding a way to do the same.

Top viewing though, even though I'd backed Chelsea -1 goal!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Huge games on Saturday now with Arsenal away to L'pool who are looking to cement 4th place & Man City away to Norwich who although are in the bottom part of the league, their fighting for survival so it won't be easy.