Tonights Match: Man City Vs Chelsea

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So, all the haters of Chelsea will be in their element if a thrashing is dished out, but, is that a real possibility?

Already rubbish is being spewed about parking a bus ala West Ham, its seems we did that against Barcelona but the stats of that game don't really support that as we still had 7 attempts on goal to Barca's 22 unlike West Hams 1 the other night, we had 3 strikes on target and scored them all to Barca's 7 attempts who only scored 2, so hardly a closed shop, more like excellent defending and counter attacking with 10 men, I mean, would you take on Barca at football?

Anyway, what's the score going to be, realistically.

We've seen Man City can be cold starters but have come back very well in the 2nd half to overcome any goals deficit, Chelsea can also give early goals away but I think they'll be up for this more and it could be an all out surprise by Jose what he does!

I don't think City have come across a better defence this season so if we can get the first goal the gloves will be off.

Both teams have special players with goals in them, my heart says 2-1 Chelsea, my head says offer me a draw now and I'll take it.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can't see us getting anything out of it tbh. I think man city are just too good in attack and have so much confidence at the moment . As long as we don't concede early I think the score will be close. I think it'll finish 2-1 to man city.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Team News:

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; David Luiz, Matic; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Eto'o.

Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Oscar, Salah, Ba

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Demichelis, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Negredo

Subs: Pantilimon, Boyata, Clichy, Milner, Rodwell, Lopes, Jovetic

Last edited:

Laka

Head Pro
Visit site
Team News:

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; David Luiz, Matic; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Eto'o.

Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Oscar, Salah, Ba

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Demichelis, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Negredo

Subs: Pantilimon, Boyata, Clichy, Milner, Rodwell, Lopes, Jovetic

The struggle will probably be Luiz and Matic to control YAYA......and CFC strategy will probably be that all shall be on the right side of the ball..and careful counterattacs..no free surfaces in front off Terry and cahill will be accepted...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The 'miserable one' is more than capable of Parking the Bus - as he demonstrated in some Italian games, so to criticise others for it is hypocrisy!

West Ham were determined to get the Point, something I don't think either side will set out to do, but would be satisfied (Chelsea in particular) to revert to.

The Barca game was not a case of parking the bus; more like out-Barca-ing them - and they had no 'Plan B' either! One of miserable-one's real talents is completely changing the game part way through, often with multi-subs, so if it's 1-0 MC after 55 mins or so (as I expect it to be) there could be a big change - and could be interesting to see how MC react.

I'd pick 1-0 City, though it could just as easily be 4-2!

Mind you. Last prediction was Stoke Liverpool, so reputation not great. Did got the winner and the difference right though!

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I do take your point on counter attacking football though.

Well explained Jamie Carragher, even Liverpool parked a bus at times and managers told strikers they had to take a back seat and he's not ashamed to go to clubs and play defensively :eek:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We knew there would be no aguero, but now with no Fernandinho, does that give Chelsea a lift :mmm: We beat them in 78/79 3-2 at Main Road when we had only won 5 league games all season, what's to say we won't or can't tonk them tonight :smirk:

D

Deleted member 15344

City haven't dropped a point at home all season - only let in 3 goals at home I think they said

That record will stand IMO

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
2-0 to Chelsea. The best attack in the EPL comes up against Chelsea's superb defence, and gets hit on breakaways.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jose the chelski bus driver is parking the bus at maine road , 19th century football returns , tickets please .................