Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 1418

He's only 15 under, boring ;)

Not bad for only his 6th competitive round after 3 months out! Anyway can't hijack this thread and go on about a mere mortal like Rory!!! 😂

D

Deleted member 1147

These guys be three off the tee so much at my course

Crazy how wide they are playing

Unless you play a particularly long course, I doubt these boys would need to hit drivers very often. So they won’t go oob often at all.

My course is just about 7000 yds and good players don’t need to very often in summer. But they are so much better than us, they can.

D

Deleted member 15344

Because he is Tiger.

Good birdie well done Tiger, looking forward to seeing you play all weekend.

So they set the course so that if people do go that far off target they will still have a shot to the green - saw a number of players go Wild right or left of the tree and they still had a straight forward shot into the green from a decent lie - didn’t seem to be anything that punishes drives that miss the target by miles. Surely if a pro is missing by that far they should either have to chip out sideways or have a risk or reward shot - seems like in the US at times they are scared to make the players really work

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So they set the course so that if people do go that far off target they will still have a shot to the green - saw a number of players go Wild right or left of the tree and they still had a straight forward shot into the green from a decent lie - didn’t seem to be anything that punishes drives that miss the target by miles. Surely if a pro is missing by that far they should either have to chip out sideways or have a risk or reward shot - seems like in the US at times they are scared to make the players really work

They can only play what's in front of them, don't go blaming the players they only hit the shots.

Just hope we continue to see a lot of Tiger in the coverage

D

Deleted member 15344

At least we will be watching the shots he hits today, and not see a repeat of all the ones he hit in the first two days.
That will be during the first hour of the show then in the first 8 adverts which will be sky’s doing - the actual PGA coverage was very good if you ignoring some of the drivel from them

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
That will be during the first hour of the show then in the first 8 adverts which will be sky’s doing - the actual PGA coverage was very good if you ignoring some of the drivel from them

Personally thought the PGA coverage was very poor like it is most weeks . You’d honestly not have realised when the featured groups coverage finished and full coverage started . The European tour always seems to be a much more balanced coverage .

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I did smile when Faldo was telling one of his very long stories, and Tiger hit a cracking chip stiff Hardly paused to acknowledge it, and continued with his story. Faldo does go on a bit.:eek:

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
I did smile when Faldo was telling one of his very long stories, and Tiger hit a cracking chip stiff Hardly paused to acknowledge it, and continued with his story. Faldo does go on a bit.:eek:

I like Faldo . Considering he’s got a reputation in golf as a horrible individual his dry sense of humour makes me laugh .

Pin-seeker

Visit site
As no one is forcing me to watch the first hour I’ll give it a miss until the live coverage comes on :mmm:

And if I find I’m not enjoying it I’ll watch one of the many other channels that Sky provide :whoo:

Blooming splendid

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As no one is forcing me to watch the first hour I’ll give it a miss until the live coverage comes on :mmm:

And if I find I’m not enjoying it I’ll watch one of the many other channels that Sky provide :whoo:

Blooming splendid

Turned on at 7.00 when it started on Sky Golf, very brief synopsis of Woods to date and first thing they showed was a Rahm birdie. Hardly the hours montage predicted

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Just turned it on and saw his wonderful par save from 'dead'!

Didn't see how he got there, but a recovery shot none of the commentators could 'see'!

Very much why it's great to see him back!!