PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How is this event professional I don’t understand ...queues on the tee box

How can u have split starts in a pro event on the final day.. pfft

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a shocker ! To me he is too aggressive' he won’t reign it back as I don’t think he likes being 30 yards behind his playing partners. Without the driver he possibly could have saved himself a few shots.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can't find anywhere else to put it, but have really enjoyed the sky analyst (Bradley?) that is working with SS this weekend. Nice explanations of the various swings on offer, including the Tigre.

It'll be interesting to see how much TW is able to take from his teeshot travails this week and work them out before Riviera. I don't think that there is enough time mid-tourney to sort things out that aren't working.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How awful is the standard of golf in America today?!

I know it is windy and hard course, but so many awful shots.

Very rare to see

D

Deleted member 15344

It was a shocker ! To me he is too aggressive' he won’t reign it back as I don’t think he likes being 30 yards behind his playing partners. Without the driver he possibly could have saved himself a few shots.

I think thats going to be his biggest issue - when he was at the height he was a monster of the tee , hitting 300 yards and being ahead of 99% of his competitors , he used to really go at the ball and i no doubt contributed to his back and knee issues.

Over the last decade there are lots of guys who can fly it past him with regularity and also find the middle of the fairway and its with control and they are not swinging their backs to bits. Watching anytime Tiger got onto a tee he was thrashing at everything with no control and missing fairway after fairway - 17 fairways hit in 4 rounds with 8 of them on the Friday ( when he wasnt going at everything ). At Torrey the rough and course wasnt penalising any wayward drive so you could miss the fairway and still get 99% have a nice lie and a shot to the green (maybe set up like that to help him ).

He needs to sort that driving out soon - he doesnt need to keep up with the bombers , but if he continues to try it will both ruin his back again and his is going to spend most of the time fighting to make cuts as well as blowing up on the course. His iron play was very good as was his game around the game - just needs to keep it in the fairway and even if he is 20 yards back then rely on his iron play to get his birdie chances and then you can see him start to battle for PGA titles - still dont think he has a prayer in the majors at the moment watching him this weekend.

As for the pace of play - shocking from certain players - Holmes one of them , Palmer , KIm and Day - felt sorry for Noren

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Tiger is indeed back....

This mornings report on the radio mentioned only where Tiger finished and that the tournament would complete today.

No mention of leaders, scores, playoff or is in it, etc etc etc But they did mention that Tiger stopped for a Burger on the way to the airport and asked for diet coke, no ice with the McWendy Burger and fries....

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Tiger is indeed back....

This mornings report on the radio mentioned only where Tiger finished and that the tournament would complete today.

No mention of leaders, scores, playoff or is in it, etc etc etc But they did mention that Tiger stopped for a Burger on the way to the airport and asked for diet coke, no ice with the McWendy Burger and fries

and the waitresses phone number

;)

Tiger Woods

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think thats going to be his biggest issue - when he was at the height he was a monster of the tee , hitting 300 yards and being ahead of 99% of his competitors , he used to really go at the ball and i no doubt contributed to his back and knee issues.

Over the last decade there are lots of guys who can fly it past him with regularity and also find the middle of the fairway and its with control and they are not swinging their backs to bits. Watching anytime Tiger got onto a tee he was thrashing at everything with no control and missing fairway after fairway - 17 fairways hit in 4 rounds with 8 of them on the Friday ( when he wasnt going at everything ). At Torrey the rough and course wasnt penalising any wayward drive so you could miss the fairway and still get 99% have a nice lie and a shot to the green (maybe set up like that to help him ).

He needs to sort that driving out soon - he doesnt need to keep up with the bombers , but if he continues to try it will both ruin his back again and his is going to spend most of the time fighting to make cuts as well as blowing up on the course. His iron play was very good as was his game around the game - just needs to keep it in the fairway and even if he is 20 yards back then rely on his iron play to get his birdie chances and then you can see him start to battle for PGA titles - still dont think he has a prayer in the majors at the moment watching him this weekend.

As for the pace of play - shocking from certain players - Holmes one of them , Palmer , KIm and Day - felt sorry for Noren

:blah:

You have watched every minute haven't you :D Obsessed :thup:

Last edited:

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All the money TaylorMade paying Tiger Woods

Can't see how it is good business, no chance I buy an M3 or M4 after that