Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 16999

Decent first round for Woods, not the car crash some hoped for and not the sub par round others wanted.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This second round is going to give us a better idea of where Tiger is.
Looks like level par might not be enough to make the weekend and if he gets, say, a level par front 9 he's going to need a birdie or two coming home with not much margin for error.
That's when the pressure will build, when you're chasing birdies and maybe not getting them..
Will be interesting.......

D

Deleted member 1418

I agree with Imurg.

This might seem a bit weird but I also think who he was partnered with yesterday helped him - I wouldn't exactly put Reed and Hoffman in the 'marquee' category so he'd have felt very comfortable playing with them and not under any pressure. May be a different story if he's put with DJ and Rory at the top of their games quite early in his comeback. That's when we'll see how his game and physical attributes are holding up.

Anyway a solid and encouraging return but nothing to get carried away about just yet.

D

Deleted member 23270

WOW the obsession is still strong with some I see :whistle:

Hey Tigger, decent knock yesterday well done.

If you miss the cut I'm sure we could squeeze you into the rollup tomorrow. £2 in, winner takes all. :thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't go with the eulogising of Tiger and every half decent shot the guy plays - as if no other player in the history of golf had ever played the shot. And in the past that tendency of commentators and fans put me off the guy big time - as well as his generally miserable demeanor.

But. Now.

Watching him line-up his three footer for a par on the 2nd (after a bogey on first) I found myself wanting him to hole it. My view of Tiger has changed as a result of him battling (mostly quietly and behind the scenes) through the various serious personal and health troubles of the last ten years. And I have admiration for anyone who can do that - no matter who they are or the troubles they've seen. Get through it and if you don't go bigging yourself up over how brilliant you've done to get through the troubled times. As long as there is no 'look at me - I'm back'. Then you know what. Despite my irritations over the eulogising and fawning attention he receives - he can't do anything about that - I think I'll just roll with Tiger for a bit.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Fat Pats caddy needs to stop lying on the green like he is dead. Its just wrong. Its like he is a human spirit level or something.

D

Deleted member 1418

Fat Pats caddy needs to stop lying on the green like he is dead. Its just wrong. Its like he is a human spirit level or something.

Is he trying to even out the parts of the green where Fat Pat has walked?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I don't go with the eulogising of Tiger and every half decent shot the guy plays - as if no other player in the history of golf had ever played the shot. And in the past that tendency of commentators and fans put me off the guy big time - as well as his generally miserable demeanor.

But. Now.

Watching him line-up his three footer for a par on the 2nd (after a bogey on first) I found myself wanting him to hole it. My view of Tiger has changed as a result of him battling (mostly quietly and behind the scenes) through the various serious personal and health troubles of the last ten years. And I have admiration for anyone who can do that - no matter who they are or the troubles they've seen. Get through it and if you don't go bigging yourself up over how brilliant you've done to get through the troubled times. As long as there is no 'look at me - I'm back'. Then you know what. Despite my irritations over the eulogising and fawning attention he receives - he can't do anything about that - I think I'll just roll with Tiger for a bit.

Roll up, roll up, get your back slapping here, all is forgiven, all hail Tiger vomito.gif

D

Deleted member 15344

Well it seems some of Tiger is back , seen the spitting , seen the slamming the club on the tee as a tee shot goes into the Hazard , seen the growling as he chases the shot 100mph as another shot sails wildly off target. I guess he was planning to pay in the roll up

Or maybe he has some men only events to get to on Saturday ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Wait for it........he's working on it.......

tiger.....jpg

There's she blows, disgusting git.....

tiger spitting.jpg

and just for measure, have a bit of that...

Tiger throw.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And still those that don't watch it are ardently following his every move and repeating the same moans from the last tournament, the last time he was fully fit and every other time. We get it. Change the record. Rest easy, on current scoring he won't be darkening your screens at the weekend. Does seem to be struggling today but surely to be expected.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
And still those that don't watch it are ardently following his every move and repeating the same moans from the last tournament, the last time he was fully fit and every other time. We get it. Change the record. Rest easy, on current scoring he won't be darkening your screens at the weekend. Does seem to be struggling today but surely to be expected.

Heard he had a late night on the blonde, I thought they meant ale but.......:eek:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well it seems some of Tiger is back , seen the spitting , seen the slamming the club on the tee as a tee shot goes into the Hazard , seen the growling as he chases the shot 100mph as another shot sails wildly off target. I guess he was planning to pay in the roll up

Or maybe he has some men only events to get to on Saturday ;)

give it rest you are getting boring now.

why do you hate tiger is it something about him